Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 03:53:41 AM
Only thing is I can snore quite loudly, haveing worken myself a couple of times over the years.

Gondor

Unfortunately I talk in my sleep......which is why I'm divorced :-\

A few years ago I would have regarded napping as a waste of valuable time, now I realise it's just my body telling me it needs a rest. Quite often drift off for 20 minutes or so on an afternoon. Nothing deliberate, but I don't attempt to stop myself nowadays.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 06, 2022, 06:28:01 AM

Unfortunately I talk in my sleep..

A few years ago I would have regarded napping as a waste of valuable time, now I realise it's just my body telling me it needs a rest. Quite often drift off for 20 minutes or so on an afternoon. Nothing deliberate, but I don't attempt to stop myself nowadays.

Unfortunately I talk in my sleep.................unlike lecturers ,  who quite often talk in other peoples' sleep.

There is nothing at all wrong with the afternoon nap, Chris, it refreshes you for the evening.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

That makes me think of two possibilities, I just hope that for the majority of the time you were married that it was a mutually good time.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 06, 2022, 10:31:20 AM

That makes me think of two possibilities, I just hope that for the majority of the time you were married that it was a mutually good time.

Gondor

It was  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

OK, latest update is that I feel as if I now have a head cold but I think it's just the virus working its way through my respiratory system. I have a physical appointment with a Dr, first thing Tuesday morning  :-\ down side is that I can only take five days sick befor needing a sick line and that will be work day seven  :banghead:

Looks like I go to work Monday and if they send me home so be it!

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Not long back from the town where I had an appointment at the opticians this afternoon. They were very happy with my bionic eye although I appear to have the cheap version as the magnification adjustment was not an option in the version they fitted, I blame government cutbacks. At least that means that I don't have to wear any tacky track suits or do anything in slo-mo!
They were pleased to let me know that I meet the legal requirement to drive again, I am getting a cheep pair of glasses to help with the difference between both eyes. If I am haveing difficulties I have the knowlage of how to use public transport if necessary.
My sister is giving my car back to me tomorrow so I will start with a couple of fairly short trips over the weekend to get settled back into driving.

This is a great weight off my mind as it reduces stress, time and expence using public transport has been creating will be mostly gone, now I only have to watch out for the muppets on the motorway.

Gondor

NARSES2

Gondor

I now have my car keys and car again. So glad to have it back that I persuaded my sister that I would drive her home rather than her walking, which is something she does a lot and its a very hot day here too. I was so keen to get back in the car that I forgot to shut the door to my flat  :banghead:
No problem other than usual ones where changeing from one person to another driving a car. Just so nice to have such mobility again! The freedom of choice to go where I want when I want on the rout I want, this is reminding me to go fetch in the sat-nav as that will need updateing  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Rheged

This is definitely GOOD NEWS Alastair, and I am delighted for your progress.   

Gondor

Not only did the sat-nav need updateing, the software on the pc for it also needed updateing, no need for either to be done since October. Took ages.....
So that's all done, some shopping done too, four packs of tiles for the bathroom at a cost of £60 which is ok, just need to go ahead now from the houseing association I rent from.

Gondor

Gondor

With some of the conversations that I have had recently I have realised that perhaps I need to move up my list of priorities a task I have not been looking forward to  :-\ I will have to get the cataloging of my library done sooner rather than later.
This means that the two part build 1/72 TSR2's I have, two F-111's a B and a K along with two P.1121's will be kept on hold so that after what is already on the bench can be completed along with the house projects of tieling the bathroom and painting the livingroom.
Once all that is done then that task will be nigh. It will probably take longer than required as I will keep getting distracted by the contents  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Rheged

Cataloguing your library is almost as dangerous as sorting family photographs.   You will  inevitably be side-tracked  for hours on end.............and every hour will be utterly fascinating!   Tiling and wall-painting are not so much fun.     Best of luck with it all.

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on July 10, 2022, 05:40:08 AM
Cataloguing your library is almost as dangerous as sorting family photographs.   You will  inevitably be side-tracked  for hours on end.............and every hour will be utterly fascinating!   Tiling and wall-painting are not so much fun.     Best of luck with it all.

I once sold a few years worth of 2000AD commics, took me forever to sort them out into order  :rolleyes:

Really wanting to get back to some of the kit's I listed previously as they will give me a lot of enjoyment as well as being PITA's at the same time, the F-111's especially as they will have the weapons bays open, if you know your kits you will also know that the Hasegawa kit looks great but is going to need a ton of work to do that to them.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on July 10, 2022, 05:40:08 AM
Cataloguing your library is almost as dangerous as sorting family photographs.   You will  inevitably be side-tracked  for hours on end.............and every hour will be utterly fascinating!   

I've been gradually working on both for at least 5 years  :angel:

Gondor

Not said much here for a while as there has not been much to say.

Taken a sick day today as I was at the dentist yesterday to get some more extractions, I now have another appointment in a months time due to some of the teath deciding they wanted to stay where they are. My jaw is hurting a bit which is very distracting and I also simply feel exhausted too. Unlikely to be from the heat as when at work yesterday I was in a nice air-conditioned room and the car has simmilar too.

Gondor