Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Finished work early today so I could get to my Comunity Hospital to have some blood samples taken. The nurse eventually managed to get some out of me by using a "butterfly" needle which was smaller than the one she had been poking around in my arm trying to find a vein that she was sure was there a few seconds before  :-\ The next time I need to give a sample I will pass on her success to the next nurse in the hope she also uses that kind of needle with similar results.
I also got home to a letter from the local health board telling me that I had a time and date for an ECG test. Most inconvenient time for me, late Thursday morning and of course their office hours for changing the time/date finished at 3pm so I will have to try tomorrow afternoon to see if I can change the time to the following Friday afternoon so I don't have to use up holidays that I am rapidly running out of.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Managed to actually talk to someone in cardiology when I phoned a second time, the first time I forgot to leave a contact number so they could phone me back, and changeing the time/date was no problem. Now booked in for the third of October at 15:45 so Special Leave from work will be used so I don't need to play around with my flexi time or use holiday time  :thumbsup:

Also as I received a letter from the housing association I rent from saying that I could add tiles to my bathroom, I shall be trying to find my tile cutter and starting the modification process for some of the border strips I have to save me haveing to worry about them later, it will also give me a break between work on a couple of builds as well.

Talking about builds, with the arrival of a couple of Swifts recently I have the idea of building one as a Royal Saudi aircraft but I have a feeling that someone has done one before, I can't find it though so I think it's fair game.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Think it was Martin, but it one of the other Gulf regimes.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 22, 2022, 08:21:48 AM
Think it was Martin, but it one of the other Gulf regimes.

I found Kuwait and Omani, maybe I am getting it confused with another build  :-\? Also thinking that Ethiopia would be another option that would be interesting.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Pre revolution Libya could be fun, given that the Speed Record F4 flew there.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 22, 2022, 12:31:24 PM
Pre revolution Libya could be fun, given that the Speed Record F4 flew there.

Sounds like an idea but for someone else maybe. A big difficulty with a lot of these ideas is getting hold of the decals for them. I can probably manage with the Saudi decals, Etheopian though is a bit more problematic.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I've a feeling there was a sheet with Ethiopian decals on it for a Firefly some years back.  One of the Marivox kits had decals for Ethiopian SAAB B-17 (?) bombers.   

A general request on Britmodeller may turn up something.

RAF FTS markings for something at Valley in the Red/Grey/White scheme?  An FB4 with one of the weapons trials units?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Keep your eyes open for Zotz Roundels of the World series. Each set of sheets covered a continent, or part of, with all the national markings for the countries covered by the geographical area.

Out of print now I think, but still come up on various market places.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 23, 2022, 05:36:09 AM
Keep your eyes open for Zotz Roundels of the World series. Each set of sheets covered a continent, or part of, with all the national markings for the countries covered by the geographical area.

Out of print now I think, but still come up on various market places.

The company went out of business in 2019 according to scalemates and I have yet to find anyone selling the ones I want, I do have a couple of those sets which are invaluable.

Gondor

Gondor

Not having a great day, one of the tiles I am using in the redecoration of my bathroom refuses to become two parts and I found out an hour or so that my downstairs neighbour ever since I moved here some twenty and a bit years ago passed away Saturday evening in hospital. She had gone in with gallstones a couple of weeks ago but there were complications and she ended up passing away in her sleep.
Consequently the old mojo has gone out of the window for doing anything.

Gondor the down

Pellson

My sincere condolences. Good neighbours are few and far between, so I can imagine that the loss is substantial.

Re mojo: it's as everything else in life - cyclic. It'll come back when least expected as long as you don't try to chase it up.

Take care, allow yourself to grieve a bit and then move on in due time.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Bugger.  That sort of thing is never good.

Good neighbours are worth cultivating  and hard to loose however it happens.  I'll certainly miss quite a few of mine should they ever go.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Found out the date my neighbour is to be buried, she wanted cremated but you all know how fussy some families can be, no idea yet if I will go as I have very little holiday time left for the year and I need to take the thirtieth of August off so I can go and get my second eye done.

So that will be another two weeks off work which means some decorating can be done as well as trying to clear some of the modelling bench   :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor

Kind of good news bad news, more good than bad.

I was at my pc this morning and heard a meowing from outside from across the road. Spot was under a neighbour's car, well it was raining. Since then he has either been asleep on me or next to me asleep. At the moment I can't go anywhere without him! He has become my shadow and is meowing if he can't see or feel me next to him, this has made doing domestic chores difficult to do with a constant furry companion and as I can't get away from him at the moment I have not been able to get to the model bench.

Gondor

NARSES2

Definitely more good news then bad  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.