Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Been doing a little bit of modelling with something other than one of the current Group Build kits. I so want to do some serious damage to the person that designed the Airfix Swift cockpit/nose undercarriage section, so difficult to get to sit right. You would think that I would know what I am doing by now as this my third go at this model, a Swedish operated F.R.5 equivalent and an F.7 have been done so far and there are at least two more in the stash so I might get the area right in time  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

So I thought I would try this picture milarky. Not intuitive so I had to go read what Overscan wrote again. No go as what I see on the screen is different to the instructions, good job I can still post pictures the old fashioned way.  :banghead:

So recently I started to do some home decoration  :-\

but I put the tiles a bitt too far to the left so they are all comming off again  :banghead:

At least it's only the black and white checker board ones. Some of you will probably say that they look fine, which they do from a distance, the problem is that the tiles were to tight where they meet up with other tiles on the left/ non tap end of the bath and there is quite a big gap at the tap end and I intend to have them there and to be here for the rest of my natural and it will bug the hell out of me all that hopefully long time!
Now if I had known this or measured it all out and drawn pencil lines on the wall etc then I would not be tearing chunks out of the wall as I remove the tiles and save me the expence of increasing my domestic tool kit and my angst at all the problems I am haveing with this. At least once the border is on the rest of it will be streight forward tileing with rectangular tiles, I hope  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on September 03, 2022, 09:58:53 AMgood job I can still post pictures the old fashioned way.  :banghead:

That's all I do, because of the size of my files (rendered in glorious 4k ultra high def)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

But now I know how to do it the new way as well.

Think I shall just use the new way for quick and dirty posting rather than thought out and constructed comment

You cannot view this attachment.

And posting humours pictures. I really would love a set of these, must be a set of four though.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 03, 2022, 11:15:08 AMThink I shall just use the new way for quick and dirty posting rather than thought out and constructed comment

Gondor

That's what I tend to do, although I'm not to sure about the last few words  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2022, 05:34:02 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 03, 2022, 11:15:08 AMThink I shall just use the new way for quick and dirty posting rather than thought out and constructed comment

Gondor

That's what I tend to do, although I'm not to sure about the last few words  :angel:  ;)

That's for when I take time to actually read what I have written and then edit and check the speiling to make sure it reds well.

Gondor

Gondor

So I have not been at work for a while. Last Monday was the last day there as I had a day's holiday last Tuesday. That was for a hospital appointment at 9:15am and about fifteen miles away and I had to use public transport. The reason was getting the cataract removed from my right eye, hence haveing to use public transport.

No sick line given which I thought was a bit odd, but anyway other than a strange set of emails with HR who should have read my first email more carefully  :rolleyes:  as if would have saved the time and effort of the other emails, I did say it all in the first email, so I shall say so when back at work tomorrow.

Just very little motivation for doing anything. Have got a few things done despite this. Put some times on the bathroom wall, took them off again and put some more up later so that was almost a waste of time but the result is going to look better, I hope. Then yesterday I found out that I got the pattern wrong with two options to fix the problem. One involves removeing almost all the tiles again and redo them for a third time so that the patern at one end of the bath is half a pattern out from where it is at the moment but I dont think there is enough gap to close up enough to make this happen. This means that I would only have to reverse the pattern for a short distance rather than a longer distance where I will be haveing to do so but it will mainly be behind the sink.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

One good thing, depending on your point of view, is that I have managed to get my PC upgraded to DirectX 12. I play Civ VI via Steam and the loader has always given me the option of using DirectX 11 or DirectX 12. I think part of the reason that I have never had much success with 12 was due to the graphics card I had not being up to the job.

Managed to lose the cat inside the flat this morning  :unsure:

You cannot view this attachment.

As you can, or not see, he is a bit of a ninja cat. This time though after a good look around the flat I thought I would try the wardrobe  :-\  and that is where he hid. You may wonder how he got into a wardrobe which is a fair question. The full length wardrobes I have were bought as an L shaped set with one half of a wardrobe behind the side of the other so there were only three doors. "Spot" the cat, has discovered that he can get past the poster I have hung over the door less part of the second wardrobe, I moved and could have the wardrobes next to each other  I just havent got the door less part paneled over yet, well it's only been just over twenty years, I will get around to it and that section is next to a bed side table. Anyway, when I found where Spot was he purred a bit so although I could not see him, the inside of the wardrobe is dark and so is he, so I was happy that I knew where he was on top of a suitcase.

Also glad with a recent purchase. As I write this rambelling blog I am listening to Please Don't Touch by Steve Hackett, formerly of Genisis. Interesting mix of tunes although the first song is my favourite from the album, Narnia and yes it is about the place in the wardrobe.

Anyway, enough rambelling

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 06, 2022, 03:08:31 AMbut anyway other than a strange set of emails with HR who should have read my first email more carefully  :rolleyes:  as if would have saved the time and effort of the other emails, I did say it all in the first email, so I shall say so when back at work tomorrow.

I never had a problem when they were called Personnel but it all went downhill once it became Human Resources. We were an "arms-length" company, almost British Steel but not quite, and had a fair bit of control over our own staffing matters so I never had to much to do with them. But some of the stories  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2022, 05:52:59 AMI never had a problem when they were called Personnel but it all went downhill once it became Human Resources. We were an "arms-length" company, almost British Steel but not quite, and had a fair bit of control over our own staffing matters so I never had to much to do with them. But some of the stories  :angel:

It's a one woman department, married with two youngsters so often distracted

Gondor

Gondor

Well it looks as if I was wrong about the tiles. They match up! hurrah  :drink:

Only got a few sections on the wall so far, hope to get the majority of the border finnished later today. Had to stop as my back was starting to complain about what I was doing. Another thing which is associated with the tiling is a section of beading that I am going to be putting on the outside edge of the tap wall to cover the edges of the white rectangular tiles that are going above the border. Fifty Eight inches of one quarter rounded dowel which at the moment is bare wood so that will need sorted and in fact cut as the dowel is about two meters long so it needs to be trimmed a little, or maybe just a tad  :-\  but that is for another day.

Gondor

Gondor

Not much to talk about as things have been quiet. I got some mirror tiles delivered on Sunday from IKEA, the cat loves the box they came in! Found a problem with the tileing but I am not going to do anything about it untill the weekend as the husband of my downstairs neighbours who moved in only a few weeks ago recently came home from a short stay in hospital so he can spend his final days at home. On top of that, the ex's mum is in hospital with what was at first thoought to be a urinary infection which it turns out it isn't. She is rather frail and they are haveing difficulty getting an I.V. into her vein and without that they don't expect her to last for very long as she is not eating much if at all.
Trying to keep busy with bits of modelling to help keep me distracted, would have helped this evening if the cat had come home but he was not happy with me last night as he got one of his treatments to the back of his neck which never goes down well.
Work is shut on Monday and so is my usual supermarket so I had best get in some shopping at the weekend.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Hope things go well for the ex's Mum, we had the same thing and it did not end well. Hope and pray you have better results.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Hope things take a turn for the better Alastair.

Gondor

Wednesday the husband of my new downstairs neighbour died. According to what one of my other neighbours said, if he had got treatment for his broken hip he would have still been alive for some time. How some people miss such things is beyond me, it's also not great telling his wife that shortly after he died  :angry:
I bought a sympathy card on the way home yesterday and put it through the door yesterday evening, just a simple card with my first name and the address added to it.
Off work today, my medical problems flaring up again as the world falls out of my bottom again rather than the bottom falling out of my world. Not herd anything from the ex recently so no idea how her mum is and for some reason the cat has decided to sleep under the duvet rather than in the IKEA box or on top of the bed  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor

Been pottering along with another build which is not related to the current group build. Got far enough to post a teasing picture

Back story is still to be written as well as finishing off the paint work prior to decaling but it's getting there. Completing a model is always good regardless of whether it's for a group build or not I think.

Another neighbour has died over the weekend. Across the road an older woman passed away, I had seen her out the previous day and aparantly the police got involved, probably something to do with the fact her daughter had been involved with drugs which is what I am led to believe.

Gondor