Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

A productive morning/early afternoon with various detail painting going on inside the AZ Bf 109/KP C-199 cockpits so I decided that I had better put some decals onto the instrument panel etc so that I can fif the fuselage together sooner rather than later.
One thing led to another and I ended up finishing putting the decals onto the Mystery Aircraft that I posted a camouflaged wingtip of way back on September the 20th. Quite chuffed with how it is looking despite some of the decals not cooperating today and I am not looking forward to trying to touch up the small numbers I just added on the nose  :banghead:

So as I am quite happy with it I though I would share a better picture than just a wing tip...

Still lots to do such as the wheels and undercarriage doors, cockpit and add the external tanks I have for it, but you get the idea.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, I like where that's going Alastair.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Not been doing much over the last week as I think I have pulled a mussel on my right side. I do have an appointment at the Doctors which is for Thursday but it was the first date that I could see someone at 5pm when I am on my way home and can easily go see a Doctor.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

So after a rather painful weekend I called in sick earlier through the week and saw a Doctor this morning. Defiantly "Muscoluskeletal injury, right chest wall" and a sick line for a week when I shall return to the Doctors if still in pain. Kind of puts a damper on things for the festive season.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

I'm too familiar with those because of my BMX days, not fun at all.. hope it heals up quick. :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Hope you make a swift recovery mate. I've somehow managed to "pull" a muscle in my rib area and I forgot just how painful they can be  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Had it for a bit over a week now and mostly its just a pain when I want to do something. Spot, the cat, is being affectionate which is ok untill he is standing on exactly the wrong place. He means well though and his presence is appreciated.

Gondor

Gondor

Mussel pull is getting better, as long as I rub Ibuprofen in a jell form onto the main area of pain. Anyway, I'm not fit enough to return to work yet so I phoned the Dr's and asked for an extension to my sick line.
Modelling wise there has been a bit of paint spashed around and some parts stuck together, not much, just a little bit here and a bit there but it all adds up. the AZ/KP S-199 needs a little more filler in a few places and I plan on trying to replace the moulded on sight glass with a peice of clear film. If that works then I can get on and close the canopy.
Another build is as far as the S-199 although I am happy with the PSR on that, just wish I had used a lighter shade of grey to highlight and PSR defects on both the S-199 and this model. Late WWII Italian fighter, just not sure which side it will be though as I am going to have to double check which markings went with which side when Italy surrendered to the Allies.

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Easiest option would be the R/W/G roundels, methinks.

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 29, 2022, 01:34:39 PMEasiest option would be the R/W/G roundels, methinks.

True, and I do have decals to allow me to do that, however I intend to have the aircraft be with the part that stayed with the Axis forces. It's a case of if I know which was the markings for one, duering the war, then I know what the other would be. Confusing I know, it's just the way my brain works at times when writing things down.

Gondor

Pellson

Late war axis Italians flew with the square emblem, the one with two opposing fasces inside on wings and fuselage, and the italian tricolour flag, outlined in yellow, on the fin.

For your pain, try diclofenak gel. It is better just at this than anything else. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2022, 02:39:17 PMLate war axis Italians flew with the square emblem, the one with two opposing fasces inside on wings and fuselage, and the italian tricolour flag, outlined in yellow, on the fin.

For your pain, try diclofenak gel. It is better just at this than anything else. 

Thanks Pellson.
A quick bit of googeling and I now have in my mind pre and post surrender wing markings. Three fasces inside a circle pre surrender and two opposing ones inside a square post surrender but still axis  :thumbsup:
That's the thing about our hobby, we look at niche things to help fool people into thinking things are real which involves getting the details right for obscure things.

As for the didotenak gell, what I am using was prescribed by the doctor and is free, if I could get the didotenak I would have to pay for it. Thanks anyway.

Gondor

NARSES2

If you need Italian Post Armistice Axis markings I can probably help out ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 30, 2022, 05:35:13 AMIf you need Italian Post Armistice Axis markings I can probably help out ?

Thanks but I have some. I was simply worried that I may put the wrong side's marking on the aircraft  :-\

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on December 30, 2022, 06:00:44 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 30, 2022, 05:35:13 AMIf you need Italian Post Armistice Axis markings I can probably help out ?

Thanks but I have some. I was simply worried that I may put the wrong side's marking on the aircraft  :-\

Gondor

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: