"Battlewings" model miniatures

Started by Stingray, April 10, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I'm in the habit of clearing second hand bookshops of all their Heinlein so it could well be him although I don't think i've got any of his short story collections which contain authors notes.
Clarke has a tendency to explain himself so it could well be one of his.
I can't recall having read any Jerry Pournell unless it was in on of the "Best Sci Fi" collections I like to pick up at airports when I fly long distance.
But we are digressing and hijacking Stingray's thread.
Sorry dude.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

I read the same story but can't remember the name of the story or author.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

springheel jack

That evac without a suit short story was one of Arthur C Clarke's.  I have it in my collection somewhere but I can't recall the title.
Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never

Churchill 1941

scooter

Quote from: springheel jack on May 15, 2014, 02:59:41 AM
That evac without a suit short story was one of Arthur C Clarke's.  I have it in my collection somewhere but I can't recall the title.

Well, there's the scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where Dave Bowman has to return to the Discovery from one of the pods via airlock sans helmet.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Stingray

Resurrecting this topic for news on the project:

The Lake County Valley Fire of 2015 destroyed my home and all of these models, so the project is over. I may recycle the basic story into something new though. For now, after having gathered my life back together and resolving several other personal issues, I'm focusing on some new original film projects and literary works.

Thanks for all of your support and feedback.
As of 2019 I have transitioned; My name is now Rei. Please don't deadname or misgender me, thank you. <3

Stingray's Rotorcraft Forum

Rheged

Quote from: Stingray on May 06, 2020, 12:39:20 AM

The Lake County Valley Fire of 2015 destroyed my home and all of these models, so the project is over. I may recycle the basic story into something new though. For now, after having gathered my life back together and resolving several other personal issues, I'm focusing on some new original film projects and literary works.

The most important thing is that we still have you!!  I'm delighted that you seem to have sorted out your 'post-fire' life, and look forward to reading your postings in the future. I know from experience  that loosing "things"  can be traumatic, but you still have your soaring imagination and everyone's best wishes for your future.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on May 06, 2020, 02:38:38 AM

The most important thing is that we still have you!!  I'm delighted that you seem to have sorted out your 'post-fire' life, and look forward to reading your postings in the future. I know from experience  that loosing "things"  can be traumatic, but you still have your soaring imagination and everyone's best wishes for your future.

Amen! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on May 06, 2020, 02:38:38 AM

Third that.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Yup the best thing is that you are moving forward with your life  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Wow - that's a rough break. Props to you for working your way through it and getting yourself back to a position where you can think about this sort of thing again. Please keep us informed!

In a wierd, bass-akwards sort of way, it's possible to come out of experiences like this stronger and fitter, because you've proved to yourself that you can cope, you can bounce back and now you know you're strong instead of just wondering about it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Stingray

Thank you all! My love for practical effects and models is still strong, and will definitely be utilized in my future film projects. Once those are in the process I will gladly send some progress reports your way. It's a gradual ascent, but I'm getting there.  ;D
As of 2019 I have transitioned; My name is now Rei. Please don't deadname or misgender me, thank you. <3

Stingray's Rotorcraft Forum