Er, real world whifs?

Started by Mr.Creak, April 11, 2013, 03:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

At least it appears the JASDF kept their aircraft in good shape.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mossie

I think part of the reason it's in such good shape is that it was barely used.  It was only used for evaluation, and struck off charge after four years.  I think it then went into a museum almost immediately afterwards
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Madoc

Nils & all,

Now there's a beaut!

Just think of how many JMN heads an entry like that would cause to explode.  "A JASDF Vampire?!?!  There was no such thing!  What?  There was?  But!  But!!!!"  <boom>
Wherever you go, there you are!

kerick

Here's something to try and whiff.
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/Firebird/Pages/default.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_Firebird

Airframe by Burt Rutan and company. Of course, all his designs look so awesome. Northrop Grumman has stuffed it full of all kinds of spy goodies. All I know for sure is I want one. A real one!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

That Firebird is a beauty ! In the second pic it looks like it has an Air Tractor type cockpit.....now that would be cool !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: kerick on February 20, 2014, 07:02:57 PM
Here's something to try and whiff.
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/Firebird/Pages/default.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_Firebird

Airframe by Burt Rutan and company. Of course, all his designs look so awesome. Northrop Grumman has stuffed it full of all kinds of spy goodies. All I know for sure is I want one. A real one!

Looks almost like a Mohawk and a Skymaster decided to have a kid
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

JayBee

I think it would benefit from having a longer wing!  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

Quote from: JayBee on February 21, 2014, 03:13:24 AM
I think it would benefit from having a longer wing!  :rolleyes:

I would not be in the slightest surprised if a certain individual of our membership was already working on that
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

It may not show in the photos but the wings are 65 feet long! More like a powered glider.
I didn't see very many parts a person could kitbash for this. Looks like carving some foam and covering it with Aves might be the way to go.
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

here's another one,

an RCAF B-47B/CL-52, used as a testbed for Canadian-built Orenda Iroquois Engines for the ill-fated CF-105 program  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nils on February 22, 2014, 05:01:35 AM
here's another one,

an RCAF B-47B/CL-52, used as a testbed for Canadian-built Orenda Iroquois Engines for the ill-fated CF-105 program  :mellow:

The world's only seven engined aircraft IIRC.

That'll trigger a flurry of Google activity as people try and prove me wrong..........  ;D ;)

That Grumman OPV looks like a prop powered version of the Myasichev recce thing, can't remember the name now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I have one of those old Monogram Classics as well as a 72nd scale B-47 as I've always fancied making that bird....what a mover she was !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

CanMilAir does a decal sheet for that B-47, called a CL-52 of all things

http://www.canmilair.com/products.asp?cat=68

Got the sheet and a model to build it ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 22, 2014, 05:55:01 AM
here's another one,

an RCAF B-47B/CL-52, used as a testbed for Canadian-built Orenda Iroquois Engines for the ill-fated CF-105 program  :mellow:

That'll trigger a flurry of Google activity as people try and prove me wrong..........  ;D ;)

That Grumman OPV looks like a prop powered version of the Myasichev recce thing, can't remember the name now.

You mean the Myasichev M4/201 'Bison'....A very nice looking aircraft I think..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on February 22, 2014, 02:58:38 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 22, 2014, 05:55:01 AM
here's another one,

an RCAF B-47B/CL-52, used as a testbed for Canadian-built Orenda Iroquois Engines for the ill-fated CF-105 program  :mellow:

That'll trigger a flurry of Google activity as people try and prove me wrong..........  ;D ;)

You mean the Myasichev M4/201 'Bison'....A very nice looking aircraft I think..

I agree the Bison looks good, but it was another Myasichev type that I was thinking of, it looks like a twin boom U-2 more than anything. Naturally it has LONG wings....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit