Bristol Beaumaris

Started by kitbasher, April 14, 2013, 11:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Yes indeed ! Gonna be sweet

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

The B314 is a  BIG aircraft!

There's a full size replica at the Foynes Flying Boat Museum on the River Shannon in Ireland and you can go aboard it, pretending to be the Captain, First Officer, Radio Operator or Flight Engineer depending which seat you're sitting in. The flight deck is HUGE, you could have a good party up there! You can't miss the Museum if you're driving along the road on the south bank of the Shannon west of Limerick, the three fins of the B314 stick out over the wall and almost into the road!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice ! Have to try and get there one day.....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

So, nearly nine years and a very generous supply of unwanted Avro Lancaster bits and bobs from The Venerable Mr Spackman later, over this weekend I was delving for something SARO (don't recall what) and discovered this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saro_Shrimp.

Knew nothing of it until now but by heck it looks (other than the engines) a lot like what I still have planned for the Beaumaris!  I may have to rethink the 'origins' story - the Beaumaris may become something SARO and 'Beaumaris' dropped in favour od something beginning with 'S' (but not 'Shrimp').
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

That's an attractive looking aircraft. I can see that in RAF ASR markings or maybe BPF ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Tbh Chris I was planning 1940 Lerwick/Sunderland/Anson colours for the Beaumaris but a later ASR or even BPF scheme should work.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

No.  You can't change the name now.
Bristol Beaumaris was the perfect name for what I built as the Bristol Blairgowrie but I gave it up because you had started on this build.
If you don't use it i'll get angry and stamp my little feet and have a tantrum.
;)

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on May 17, 2022, 05:27:20 AM
No.  You can't change the name now.
Bristol Beaumaris was the perfect name for what I built as the Bristol Blairgowrie but I gave it up because you had started on this build.
If you don't use it i'll get angry and stamp my little feet and have a tantrum.
;)

Well that's me told! Wouldn't want a tantrum, would we 🤣🤣😉

I can work the Shrimp into the backstory, of course.

zenrat

Phew, glad you understand.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Course I do, mon brave.