hybrids : aircraft & music instruments

Started by ericr, April 20, 2013, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

And it has lots of little stabilisers as well, but that should be no problem for an accomplished Boeing pilot as one of them who've landed a B-47 or a B-52 will know just what to do.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Just a thought, is this the American version of the Mosquito?  Built using a supply of previously untapped labour, piano manufacturers?  Obviously the problem was they couldn't read the aircraft plans and just went with what they knew....   ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

martinbayer

At this point it might be helpful (or not) to interject that the German term for a grand piano is a Flügel (wing)...

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

ericr

Quote from: martinbayer on December 28, 2013, 11:41:43 PM
At this point it might be helpful (or not) to interject that the German term for a grand piano is a Flügel (wing)...

Martin

the Flying Flügel : a beautiful concept indeed !  <_<

Weaver

Instead of basing the piano plane on a B-17, you could base it on a B-24 and call it a Liberacenator...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

:roll eyes:

Hawkwind, RAW and Forteana.  It's like they cloned me (or you depending on your frame of reference).
We should probably never meet...

Would the bomb bay of a Flying Fortean have racks configured for fish or frogs?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

fish, frogs, blue ice, small stones, strange red sand, frog spawn.....  im certain ive forgotten a few. :blink:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Bricks maybe?

[Just finished reading Gavin Lyall's 'Shooting Script' for the umpteenth time, they really SHOULD make a film out of it....]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on December 29, 2013, 03:43:38 AM
:roll eyes:

Hawkwind, RAW and Forteana.  It's like they cloned me (or you depending on your frame of reference).
We should probably never meet...

Would the bomb bay of a Flying Fortean have racks configured for fish or frogs?

LOL - wait and see (but please don't hold your breath...)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 29, 2013, 06:07:23 AM
fish, frogs, blue ice, small stones, strange red sand, frog spawn.....  im certain ive forgotten a few. :blink:

Whilst leaving chemtrails...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Steel Penguin

with stand off air looms to cause massive confusion in the defenders
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

While on the ground circlemaker special forces infiltrate the enemy's rear and leave fractal crop circles in their harvests...

On a not unrelated note I feel the need to create either a sonic weapon or some kind of orgone accumulator to be mounted on an aircraft.  Or maybe a cloudbuster.  A goggle of "cloudbusting" produces many inspiring images including this one.
Fred

ericr

I just found a forum with a topic on "The ART of Flight" : plenty of art with aircraft,
some of them related to music as well (e.g. the Me262 picture on the cover of Blue Oyster Cult's LP),
some of them could even inspire some whiffin' ...  ;D

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=28095.0

chiglet

Still searching for a "Le[a]d Zeppelin"   :wacko: