LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

There seems to reign a kind of Yak frenzy around here, and it just happens I treated a few Yak-15s
(the  1/72 PM kit, a nice basis for this kind of exercice I would say  ;), I once got half a dozen for very cheap)

I am still fascinated by this record cover

I even bought the LP, just to see it (the music is kind of fun too, actually)

so here is the trumpet Yak-15 :

and the guitar Yak-15 :

and then, something completely different, the syringe Yak-15 (from an used anti-flu vaccine) :

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Yes, you really hit the jackpot for me on these! :wub:
My favorite is the Yak-15 Fender... or would it be Yak-15 Stratocaster? ;D :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Anti-'flew'?  ;D ;)
:-\ The smile of Kit doesn't show if everybody has understood. Flew is a mistyping for Flu (pronounced the same?), from the word Influenza ("grippe" in our French), we learn the word soon in English course in France but remembering its spelling is less easy (I thought it was "flue" before Google Translate corrected me today...).

Congratulations for the great models, very inspiring (I may draw a syringe Lightning from this idea, thanks). :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Flue is also correct but only if you are talking about a kind of chimney.

Flew, flu, flue - all sound the same but are spelt differently and mean different things.  isn't English a wonderfull language. ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

steelpillow

The syringe YAk-15 was the carrier-borne version. It was pushed closed in normal flight. On landing, the arrester wire pulled back on the tail and the syringe, a giant shock-absorber, extended to smooth the landing for the pilot. It was often used to ferry fresh eggs from shore.
Cheers.

Tophe

Thanks zenrat for the great explanation. Don't blame only English, our French may be even worse with the sound pwal for poil = hair, (feminine) poële= frying pan, (masculine) poële = stove. Sorry for the poor children and foreigners.... :-\
Thanks steelpillow for your hilarious explanation of the syringe plane Major advantage above all other design/construction ways! ;D

steelpillow

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 28, 2017, 03:59:08 PM
My favorite is the Yak-15 Fender... or would it be Yak-15 Stratocaster? ;D :thumbsup:

Definitely not a Gibson (but how do I know?)

Now, this is crying out for a Boeing Stratocaster.  :mellow: Such a smooth pun most folks won't even notice it.  :wacko:

Spare parts would naturally come together for the Fender Stratocruiser.  :lol:
Cheers.

ericr

thanks all !  ;D

the explanation for the syringe thechnology is completely convincing  :thumbsup:

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on February 28, 2017, 07:50:53 PM
Congratulations for the great models, very inspiring (I may draw a syringe Lightning from this idea, thanks). :thumbsup:
I have done it! With another explanation for the syringe plane... at the (temporary) end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit (or ask = ctrl-f "Poison-38" later). Thanks again, Ericr! :thumbsup:

ericr

excellent, Tophe 8
I don't think I have more syringes in my stash, but I may try to find some, because I do have a P38 or two  ;D

ericr

PR19_Kit

We don't have any like that in our garden...........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Are the aircraft there "seeds of flowers" or "bees insects"? (both answers would satisfy me) ;)