LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Eric, they changed their 3rd party image hosting policy on the 1st of July, they're now asking for 400€ a year to provide that service.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

thanks for the feedback ; 400 is quite expensive : one can buy a lot of kits for such a price ...
I find it suprising that they change so abruptly, without an intermediate solution : a brutal service.
I will think about alternatives ... but I'm afraid the past posts will not be dcoming back.

DogfighterZen

yup, it was a greedy move... try imgur, flickr, postimage... i use imgur and the others also seem to be good and free services. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

thanks for the replies, I'll reorganize myself soon

darthspud2

I found that my google mail account has 3rd party facility at no cost.
So, i'll use that until they start charging I guess
I think I'm gonna need a bigger display cabinet!!

ericr

so, let's go back to business, now that imgur has offered hospitality

still under the impression of this record cover :

I had a try at a clarinet, with a 1/72 B-17 this time :

in yellow (from a spray can : smoother result)

oh, and the (toy) clarinet still is functional

PR19_Kit

Now that is totally AWESOME! Well done indeed Ericr.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I'm just amazed you can still play the clarinet  :bow:

Do it with a trombone and B.17 or B.24 and say it was Glen Miller's  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

steelpillow

Excellent. :thumbsup:

It would not be Commander Cody, but if a wind instrument were to fly mouthpiece first then it could play music as it flies.

For some reason this immediately brings a pile of sax riffs into my head, which would look a bit like an airborne seahorse...

...and should it perhaps be crossed with a rotorcraft?

So many possibilities, so little time.
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

That's good!!!! Pretty awesome ware.  Gives new meaning to "get on the horn."  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

thanks again !

on the question of the orientation, I indeed followed the model of the LP cover,
whereas the other direction would make sense for producing sound.

I had the case in the past, with a flute, and I consequently tried both sides,
one with a F7E (chinese Mig 21), the other with a B727 :

TheChronicOne

:bow:   Those are the coolest, man!!! I take you have a whole display section for instruments.  :lol:

I like the 727. 727s are one of my favorite aircraft; I've only ridden on two: a Cessna 177 (Cardinal.. oooh yeah... kinda limited..this ride was scary as hell at first) and when I was a kid... say... 8 years old or so..   a 727.
(not scary at all)   ;)
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

If I may say so, I think the "cockpit" sound hole and the "exhaust nozzle" bell end would look better for a fast jet. probably the other way for a prop aircraft where the bell end might substitute for a propeller.

By the way, this instrument is called a recorder not a flute. I still can't play either of them.
Cheers.

jcf

Quote from: steelpillow on July 24, 2017, 12:06:09 PM
If I may say so, I think the "cockpit" sound hole and the "exhaust nozzle" bell end would look better for a fast jet. probably the other way for a prop aircraft where the bell end might substitute for a propeller.

By the way, this instrument is called a recorder not a flute. I still can't play either of them.

A recorder is a type of flute.