LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

Love the third photo, really looks like a still from a video. I think it's about to stick its snout into the camera lens and get goo all over it. Aircraft grade, of course!
Cheers.

Weaver

Hey Ericr, here's a thought : why not do something with dinosaurs? There are loads of figures about, both 'proper' models (Tamiya, Lindberg, Revell, Aurora just off the top of my head) and toy figures.

(Apologies if you've already done this: havn't got time to review the whole thread).

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

It wouldn't do you any good if had the time H, all ericr's early stuff has vanished into the 'Pit of Photobucket' sad to say.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

That's so cute Eric.
Do you have any wings for it?  Dragonfly or dragon/bat would look good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks again !

I did do a few things with dinosaur figurines, including a push-pull variant (with no eyes ...) :
the PB black hole is a pity indeed, I uploaded a few pictures of them on my new propagation medium :

zenrat : I didn't plan wings on this, because it looked so cute indeed as a crawler, but who knows, may some time ?
I have had a figurine of a dragonfly, which once met a kit of a PZL7A :

Tophe

:wub: your Dragonfly PZL is marvelous, and is the living proof that Charles Darwin was right wrong right!

steelpillow

Quote from: Tophe on October 08, 2017, 06:45:15 AM
:wub: your Dragonfly PZL is marvelous, and is the living proof that Charles Darwin was right wrong right!

+1 for the PZL dragonfly. When's my ride?  :thumbsup:
Cheers.

strobez

Ok... I'll admit some of these creep me out a bit... but in a primary colours binding an unholy alliance of animal and machine sort of way. ;)

But man... that Dragonfly has it going on.  Makes me wish for a ringside seat at the battle between ericr and sykotik's creations!
Thanks!

Greg

ericr

wasn't the FW189 nicknamed the flying glasshouse?

(the glasshouse is from Faller in 1/87, so it is a scalorama)

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, VERY hi-viz, both its colour and it's capability.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Good!
I think this is the Fw-189 version which is powered by solar energy!