LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Surprising and pleasant, which is the recipe for a great whif model! :thumbsup: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

Quote from: kerick on July 25, 2020, 09:40:10 PM
Doesn't the boom and such provide the stability after a certain forward speed and the tail rotor loose it's effectiveness? Some helicopters having more of a "fin" than others perhaps depending on forward speed?

It's more complicated than that. That's the trouble with helicopters, they are devilishly complicated beasts at almost every level. Basically, rotor torque is one problem and aerodynamic stability is another. Mixing the two solutions together is a road to swift perdition.
Cheers.

jcf

Quote from: steelpillow on July 26, 2020, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: kerick on July 25, 2020, 09:40:10 PM
Doesn't the boom and such provide the stability after a certain forward speed and the tail rotor loose it's effectiveness? Some helicopters having more of a "fin" than others perhaps depending on forward speed?

It's more complicated than that. That's the trouble with helicopters, they are devilishly complicated beasts at almost every level. Basically, rotor torque is one problem and aerodynamic stability is another. Mixing the two solutions together is a road to swift perdition.

Then Raoul Hafner wondered if you could use the fuselage shape to compensate for torque.  ;D

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

ericr

ericr

the front engine room for the engine is transformed into a loading door

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

steelpillow

Very nice! Clearly a STOL heavy-lifter with full-span slotted Fowler flaps. Ideal for lugging around moderate-sized but solid things like power transformers, sandbags or my head. :thumbsup:
Cheers.

ericr

another case of whiffing causing a problem of nose-sitting
(I had to put weight in the rear to avoid it)