Panther & LCM, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

I am currently trying to be  bit less predictable  ;D

the Hustler fuselage was used recently in this thread : the SR71 wings will appear sometime soon ...

steelpillow

Quote from: Tophe on January 19, 2021, 05:51:08 PM
:wub: Wonderful! This is the missing link explaining all! :thumbsup:

Indeed. This was the real X-25 "X-plane", with the Bensen rescue autogyro being just a cover story. It was an approximately quarter-scale Hustler test vehicle that was never completed, modified with an appropriately-scaled A-12 fuselage to test the performance of the chines. Two of those engines are actually liquid-fuel rockets.

A fight is said to have broken out at Groom Lake (better known as Area 51), over whether to call it the Husltebird or the Blackler. The fight could not be hidden from knowledge because of all the black eyes, bruises and even the odd broken nose it left in its wake. It became known locally as the "Area 51 incident" and a prize (classified to this day) was later awarded to the participant who told the tallest story to be printed the ladies and gentlemen of the press.
Cheers.

McColm

The Convair King Fish is something worth pursuing.

PR19_Kit

It certainly is.  :thumbsup:

You could almost build one from sheet styrene, the only visible curves are the very top of the fuselage and the nose.

It'd be a big model though, the real thing would have been almost 75 ft long.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2021, 10:38:59 AM
It certainly is.  :thumbsup:

You could almost build one from sheet styrene, the only visible curves are the very top of the fuselage and the nose.

It'd be a big model though, the real thing would have been almost 75 ft long.
I tried mixing the wings from a B-58 with the fuselage of a F-117. It's not a perfect match but I never got around to finish it.

NARSES2

Quote from: steelpillow on January 21, 2021, 08:57:57 AM

A fight is said to have broken out at Groom Lake (better known as Area 51), over whether to call it the Husltebird or the Blackler. The fight could not be hidden from knowledge because of all the black eyes, bruises and even the odd broken nose it left in its wake. It became known locally as the "Area 51 incident" and a prize (classified to this day) was later awarded to the participant who told the tallest story to be printed the ladies and gentlemen of the press.

Made me smile  ;D ;D :angel: ;D ;D.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Oddly enough there are a few crash sites around the perimeter of Area 51, not all of them have been cleaned up by the USAF and are on 'common land ' but don't be surprised if the Cammo Dudes are watching you. 

steelpillow

Quote from: McColm on January 23, 2021, 12:53:30 PM
Oddly enough there are a few crash sites around the perimeter of Area 51, not all of them have been cleaned up by the USAF and are on 'common land ' but don't be surprised if the Cammo Dudes are watching you.

Yeah, I salted a few of 'em myself. Nicked weird alloy samples from a metallurgist friend once he had finished testing them, and then fashioned them into "wreckage". Got a big thumbs-up grin from the GIs the other side of the wire, when I turned my binocs that way.

(Well, I didn't really coz I live the wrong side of the pond, but I'll bet somebody did).
Cheers.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cobra

this is Super Cool! Reminds me of a TV Program called,"Escape from Experiment Island"! Keep up the Superb Work! Dan

Tophe

:angry: Normally, I should judge that "discarding the booms of a twin-boomer" is an awful crime, deserving 144 years in jail  :angry: , but... I like this weird model, so : be free and go on enjoying us! ;D :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]