LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

thanks !

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 10, 2021, 06:07:00 AM
I admire your perseverance  :thumbsup:

for the collector, the search is part of the pleasure, isn't it?  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on July 10, 2021, 12:57:56 PM

thanks !

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 10, 2021, 06:07:00 AM
I admire your perseverance  :thumbsup:

for the collector, the search is part of the pleasure, isn't it?  ;D

The sheer pleasure of the chase I suppose  ;) I've known people spend years looking for one particular thing, normal an antique or similar, to complete a collection, then once they've found it become quite deflated  :-\ They then have to think of something else to search for. All part of what makes us human.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 08, 2021, 01:00:04 AM
I like the F-104ish thing.  :lol:

Me too.  To me it suggests F-104 designed by Saunders-Roe after they rejected rockets for afterburning jets.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

steelpillow

The delta Starfighter does steal the stage.  :wub:
Lockheed did get pressured into studying such a big-wing Starfighter, but the killer was the wing carry-through structure.
Dratted Captain America had used up all the unobtainium in his shield and nothing else around had what it takes.
Cheers.

ericr

the starting point of a new series of five kits kitbashed:

Tophe

Good start! I was puzzled to identify the components, but your title reads He-59 + A-26 all right :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

First thoughts were a high altitude Soviet type, high altitude because of the "cockpit dome". Then I looked at the engine cowls and my brain went ....ummmmmm ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Very cool, and it rings a bell in the depths of my jumbled skip of a mind.

ericr

next in line, second out of five :

the engines are from a Hawkeye, but the wings actually from a Pembroke  ;)

and the Hawkeye also lent its big disk :

NARSES2

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]