LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 01:05:33 PM
Painted in a USAAC NMF scheme that'd pass for some sort of Lockheed crew transport, it looks so 'right'.  :thumbsup:

Or with a 3 tone upper camo and dark brown lowers. something very Dutch  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2022, 05:48:22 AM

Or with a 3 tone upper camo and dark brown lowers. something very Dutch  :thumbsup:

Like a Fokker Super G-1? I like that idea too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2022, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2022, 05:48:22 AM

Like a Fokker Super G-1? I like that idea too.

That's what I was think, yep
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Looks to me like a Junior Black Widow.

Good job Eric.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2022, 02:04:19 AM
Junior? Like reduced scale?? What a heresy! Only scale 1 does exist! Everything else is fake! Years ago, scale modelers did make such fakes, what a shame! :angry:
No? ;D Is this our common hobby? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on March 03, 2022, 02:10:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2022, 02:04:19 AM
Junior? Like reduced scale?? What a heresy! Only scale 1 does exist! Everything else is fake! Years ago, scale modelers did make such fakes, what a shame! :angry:
No? ;D Is this our common hobby? ;)

No Tophe, like a young one which has yet to fully grow up.
The Female Black Widow, after eating her husband, lays a thousand eggs from which eventually a swarm of babies hatch.  Those which survive on the ground grow to adolescence in the form Eric has modelled and then take to the air where they feast on the fruit of Banananana Tree*

* The tree you know how to spell but don't know when to stop spelling it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

AndrewF

ericr

thanks !

I hadn't thought of the Junior Black Widow but it does indeed look like that !  ;D

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 01, 2022, 01:05:33 PM
Painted in a USAAC NMF scheme that'd pass for some sort of Lockheed crew transport, it looks so 'right'.  :thumbsup:

Nah, just a shiny polished ali civvie job, no need to deface such beauty with military markings.  ;)

Photo of Lockheed 12A Electra Jr., Arlington Washington EAA Fly-In, July 2017.

jcf

Very nice Eric.  :thumbsup:

Northrop N-15, P-61 based transport concept.
;D

ericr

thanks a lot for the reference ! I didn't know that one : makes me want to find a P61 somewhere (1/48, with a 1/72 Noratlas ?)

Tophe