LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on November 24, 2015, 05:29:12 AM
ericr,

I like these

thank you for your appreciation : my imagination is usually not too close to engineering precision, so I appreciate that you like it  ;D

DogfighterZen

Man, where do you get your inspiration?  :unsure: :bow: :bow: Excellent!!!  :thumbsup:
That 3 engine Cerberus is a damn scary thing but to me, that P-thirtyWolf is the one!! ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 24, 2015, 02:19:17 PM
Man, where do you get your inspiration?  :unsure: :bow: :bow: Excellent!!!  :thumbsup:
That 3 engine Cerberus is a damn scary thing but to me, that P-thirtyWolf is the one!! ;D

:cheers:

thanksalot!

well, i am mostly sensitive to shapes (that is why I paint mostly in a signle bright color, so that they come out best) and assembling shapes that can go together is a quite funny game to play ;D

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on November 22, 2015, 04:29:56 AM
Saint Exupery was the author who wrote "Le Petit Prince", and he made drawings too ;
he disappeared in a P38 in 1944.
This hybrid mixes a P38 with pencils :
And with different pens also (thanks a lot for this idea!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

The pen is mightier than the....................er,............Lightning?  ;D

Does the middle one have ink tanks instead of fuel tanks?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

the pen is mightier than all the rest ;-)
(well, depending what it's used for as usual, actually  ;D )

thanks a lot Tophe for your re-interpretations : I am particularly happy to see my modest contribution suscitating new ones !

and I realize I didn't show you some of my older stuff involving pens : here are two of them, both involving 1/72 kits

a Halifax with a giant pen :

and a Blinder with a giant ballpen :

when you go that way, there are quite a lot of possibilities, I can tell you ...

Tophe

steelpillow

Of course, the one you really want is the Dornier Do 17 which was universally known as the "fliegender Bleistift" (flying pencil). This photograph from 1940 shows why:
Cheers.

PR19_Kit

A do 17E/F would be even better from the 'pencil' point of view.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ericr

indeed, I noticed the nickname : maybe some day I will get my hands on a Do17 ...
so many possible projects  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on November 27, 2015, 03:31:38 AM

indeed, I noticed the nickname : maybe some day I will get my hands on a Do17 ...
so many possible projects  ;D

The original Airfix Do17 is an E/F Ericr.

It's ancient of course, but it's not a bad shape, and it sure is THIN!

Regards
Kit

ericr

the previous whale on its boosters, Jaws-like :

made from a Pegasus Shark kit (which has two optional heads : I have one left for some other purpose ...)

Tophe

Surprising (nicely)...
Question: in outer space, what is the air-intake/mouth technical aim? (or, maybe, this booster is for low altitude start only) ;D

ericr