LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Taking off from submarine/mother-fish (like nuclear missiles)? Yes, that would explain that all, thanks! :lol: ;D :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

steelpillow

:tornado:
Want one! Want one! Mummy can I have a whale-tailed submarine for Christmas like I saw on What If, please Mummy plee-eese!

Cheers.

ericr

thanks !

Quote from: steelpillow on December 01, 2015, 09:31:45 AM
:tornado:
Want one! Want one! Mummy can I have a whale-tailed submarine for Christmas like I saw on What If, please Mummy plee-eese!

just do it !  ;D
I have thought of doing something with a submarine ... and a crossing with a plastic whale figurine is definitely doable

MaxHeadroom

I love the pen-fighters!

They are used by the CHAF (Charlie Hebdo Airforce), aren't they?

(Motto of the CHAF: The pen is sharper than the sword!)

Norbert

ericr

here I am back again after days of being imprisoned outside ...

novelties here soon ...

Quote from: MaxHeadroom on December 04, 2015, 08:51:29 AM
I love the pen-fighters!

They are used by the CHAF (Charlie Hebdo Airforce), aren't they?

(Motto of the CHAF: The pen is sharper than the sword!)

Norbert

thanxalot !

yes the swords can be turned into pens !
(just another kind of plough after all  ;D)

ericr

as announced, back from being locked out
(something to do with the nickname/"position" that was given to me here?  ;D
by the way I would prefer something more positive, JMNs should not be underestimated ... :unsure:)

but still zany after all these times :

another aircraft/animal hybrid, using an east-german kit of a "Tu-20", which seems to be a Tu-95 Bear variant, with a strange flattened nose, at 1/100, and a giant squid or calamar, in yellow :

the reciprocal is drying, in red, but the humbrol enamel reacts bizarely with the squids tentacles plastic, and seems to take ages to dry, whereas the plastic of the head reacts better ...

ericr

well at least I believe I couldn't have fit this calamar with longer wings, could I?

DogfighterZen

I like the shape that the squid gives it, and i also believe the wings are big enough for PR19_Kit to like it... ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 17, 2015, 06:10:14 AM
I like the shape that the squid gives it, and i also believe the wings are big enough for PR19_Kit to like it... ;D

:cheers:

:) Yes indeed, that's a big 'ole kit there.

I have one of those Tu-20s too, and a Tu-114 from the same stable, VEB, and they're SUBSTANTIAL!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

yes, the old VEB kit indeed ! this is my second, for the forst I was also focussing on the nose becase ofits odd shape ...
(maybe I could try something with that B707 radar-nosed version ...)

ericr

and now the other way round, in red :

the sheet of paper is there because the humbrol enamel red paint somehow refuses to dry on the tentacles plastic/rubber ... a chemistry issue, I guess

Tophe

Oh Lord, not only you create incredible new shapes but you chemist are also inventing new mixes like a paint matter impossible to dry... The Nobel Prize seems for you in a very soon future... ;) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Sometime ago I had tried a blend of a spanish guitar with the wings of a PZL39 :
this time it is an electric guitar with a S-21G (from PM, 1/72) :