LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Wow!! :wub: I can see the Blue one picking up tanks and dropping them for the final blow... ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

steelpillow

That is one seriously disturbing duck! I see it swinging around into the sun, diving down and strafing the enemy - be it duck-hunters, alligators or careless whiffers in the wrong story.
Cheers.

Tophe

Well balanced, I am almost sure this animal machine is Real, no? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

That is so cute ! Great job, and thanks for the smile this morning !

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

ericr

the Me262 is an old 1/32 one from Hasegawa, and the shark is by Pegasus
(I had already used part of it with Space Shuttle boosters earlier in this thread :
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,37003.msg710616.html#msg710616)

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanxalot ! your appreciation is particularly appreciated !

the shark is announced as 1/18, so there is some scale-o-rama here  ;D

and Tintin definitely comes to mind indeed : there is even RW impact of this image  ;)

(any aftermarket decals available?)

steelpillow

People have been developing robot fish that swim in the same way. That 262 shark is even the right colour for a research submersible. It just "looks right" to the point of sliding into the subconscious. Congratulations.
Cheers.

ericr

thanks!

the Me262/shark combination has been around, and it is really a pleasure to make it in different scales and colors
(I have a "reciprocal" coming soon ... ;D)

steelpillow

Cheers.

ericr

thanks!

and here comes the reciprocal : the Pegasus 1/18 shark equipped with the 1/32 Hasegawa Me262 wings and tail.
I did try to have it sit on its wheels, but failed to put the right weight in the head. It is possible (using really heavy fishing weights), but it might require strengthening the legs, because the shark body is already a bit heavy : if anyone out here tries it, be warned! but it would be worth it, really, I think.