Panther & LCM, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: kerick on May 19, 2024, 07:00:25 PM;D  ;D  Apparently  they had a calf this last breeding season, only a few off them, but it's good to see them allowed to roam semi free.

That's a good sign. It will take some time for them to get totally comfortable but then the numbers will take off. The Yellowstone herd is coming close to overpopulating the park. The Park Service had to cull the herd a few years ago and it's already back to the previous population. It's amazing what nature can do if we give it a little help and then leave it alone.
[/quote]

To continue this thread drift, NPS probably needs to introduce more predators to help manage the herd
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2024, 05:48:58 AM
Quote from: kerick on May 19, 2024, 07:00:25 PMIt's amazing what nature can do if we give it a little help and then leave it alone.

Absolutely. The big success recently in the UK has been Beavers, and they've found out that they help the environment as long as they are well managed  :thumbsup:

They are experts at flood control!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on May 20, 2024, 08:06:53 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2024, 05:48:58 AM
Quote from: kerick on May 19, 2024, 07:00:25 PMIt's amazing what nature can do if we give it a little help and then leave it alone.

Absolutely. The big success recently in the UK has been Beavers, and they've found out that they help the environment as long as they are well managed  :thumbsup:

They are experts at flood control!

And wetlands restoration
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

The wolves in Yellowstone made a huge change in the elk population which lead to a dramatic change in the overall habitat. They don't seem to be having much effect on the bison.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on May 20, 2024, 08:20:42 AMThey don't seem to be having much effect on the bison.

Having seen a bison at close range while trying to taxi a C172 at Catalina Airport I'm not surprised!  :o

Any self respecting wolf, no matter how hungry, would think 3-4 times before taking on something the size of a bison! Just the bison's eyes were massive!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Camping-car & Panther, blue & yellow : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Miura & Panther, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

kerick

The 120 mph Panther!   :wacko:
It went so fast it threw a road wheel on one side.  :thumbsup:
Tophe the Wise

ericr

thanks for putting words and a backing story on the "special feature" of the Panther kit I used   ;)

kerick

Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's the personal hunting vehicle of Chief Rolling Dice of the Betyalot Nation.
His son Black Jack Fleecemall drives while the chief takes pot shots at bison from the passenger window with a gold plated Sharps buffalo gun.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..