LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on March 04, 2016, 02:55:06 PM
I began a series of 2cv hybrids, with different kinds of aircraft : monoplane high wing or low wing, biplane, twin-boom, twin-motor, jet
here is the first one, a 1/43 2cv with a 1/72 Saab 21 (both Heller)
:wub: :wub: The first one of the series is the very best it seems: impossible to make better, no, impossible! :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Quote from: McColm on March 04, 2016, 07:33:57 PM
Amazing,  I want to build one!

thanks !

please do! the fit is nice, and you can try another kind of livery  ;)

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on March 04, 2016, 11:03:08 PM

:wub: :wub: The first one of the series is the very best it seems: impossible to make better, no, impossible! :wub: :wub:

wait and see ...  ;D

ericr

one of the 5 diecast 1/32 (? I guess) 2cv

(I bought the lot just to make shipping costs more optimized when buyig something else : you know what I mean, that's how you get a stash full of things you don't need, and didn't actually want ... but at some point it pops up again conveniently enough after all  ;D tell me I am not the only one please  :wacko:)

hybridized with the Alf floatplane from which came the yellow catapult I showed recently

Tophe

:wub: Lovely also! (for us in 2016, seeing a 2cv as old-style... while this would have been a shame in 1948, seeing a 2cv as very modern...) ;)

jcf

Quote from: Tophe on March 07, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
:wub: Lovely also! (for us in 2016, seeing a 2cv as old-style... while this would have been a shame in 1948, seeing a 2cv as very modern...) ;)

Ahh, but that is a 'modern' 2CV. The original is so much simlpler.  ;)

ericr

it is a "modern" 2cv, with the square front lights, but still it is previous-century modernity  ;)

ericr

now a monoplane, with the Revell 1/72 Hurricane :

(but I just forgot to paint the rear wheel tyre black)

DogfighterZen

Nice!! :thumbsup: My sister-in-law had one of those, lots of fun! ;D It bounces around so much we called it frog.  :lol:
If it had wings, it could become airborne in one of it's jumps off road bumps... :wacko:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Quote from: ericr on March 08, 2016, 02:18:55 AM

it is a "modern" 2cv, with the square front lights, but still it is previous-century modernity  ;)

Yep, years ago I used to tool around in an early '64 with suicide doors. 'Twas always an interesting experience on a US freeway.  ;D :thumbsup:

steelpillow

I like the Saab 21 version the most. I do wish there was an injection-moulded Dunne biplane around - a tailless swept 2cv biplane would be a blast.
Cheers.

ericr

thanks all !

driving a 2cv is indeed an experience : it feels actuallt quite close to flying

and I maybe should have the Saab21 for the end, as it is probably the most spectacular ...
but more others are coming  ;D

ericr

and now to the jet age, with a Mig-15 UTI (ok, the twin seat aspect is not quite visible here)

(the red reacted a bit with the background : uneasy to do a primer on a dark colored preassembled diecast)

DogfighterZen

Quote from: ericr on March 13, 2016, 01:41:15 PM
and now to the jet age, with a Mig-15 UTI (ok, the twin seat aspect is not quite visible here)

Well, i see a 4 man crew in that... maybe that's how they though of the EA-6B... And then looked at a school bus for the EA-6C... :wacko: ;D
http://www.vaq136.com/ea6bphotos/ea6b-312b.jpg

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe