LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelpillow

Quote from: Librarian on March 19, 2016, 04:42:45 AM
Gilbert Shelton would just love these.

Brought back a fun memory of American treatment:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYNb3GSh4M/R1DOUfUMoeI/AAAAAAAACLY/DWpVywWPSeg/s1600-R/shel3.jpeg

Gilbert Shelton is one of my demi-gods, mainly for Fat Freddy's Cat: I spent about twenty years wearing an FFC badge absolutely everywhere, especially to Society weddings and dinner parties ;D
Cheers.

ericr

One more car for the road :

a Hindustani Ambassador (one of the pearls of Incredible India), with Fairey Swordfish wings :

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on March 22, 2016, 05:06:29 AM

a Hindustani Ambassador (one of the pearls of Incredible India), with Fairey Swordfish wings :

And originally a 'pearl of Oxford', as it was designed as the Morris MO in 1948.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2016, 06:23:01 AM
Quote from: ericr on March 22, 2016, 05:06:29 AM

And originally a 'pearl of Oxford', as it was designed as the Morris MO in 1948.

of course, it is a bit like the Triumph motorbikes : once extinct on the european continent, they continued to live and spread on the indian subcontinent until very recently, like in a temporal bubble

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

ericr, don't know if you've ever seen this, i was looking for reference pics for my RW P-40B of the Flying Tigers, and this came up on the image search, i immediately thought of you... :thumbsup:

Hope you like it!

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

ericr

thanks a lot ! that is really grand !
especially the shark mouth on the beak !!!  ;D ;D ;D

ericr

a few more shells :

a tiny 1/200 Kingfisher :

and a RWD-5 : I left the shell in natural color for a change

DogfighterZen

:o EXCELLENT!! That RWD-5 is a heck of an idea!! That looks so crazy... it's perfect!  ;D :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

thanks for the RWD  ;D

the wings and tail were used elsewhere, wait and see ...

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Love the bird. That's an interesting piece for sure !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

:lol: These shell-planes are funny, not seaplanes with floating parts but airplanes related to the sea somehow... :thumbsup:

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on March 25, 2016, 12:20:45 PM
:lol: These shell-planes are funny, not seaplanes with floating parts but airplanes related to the sea somehow... :thumbsup:

yes indeed, they are seaplanes in the sense of seafood  ;D ;D

ericr

a few more bottles :

the RWD-5 with a tiny bottle of anisette Gras :

and the LWS Czapla with a bottle of gin (Beefeater) :