LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

A new kind of aerodynamism is born! :thumbsup:
(This is very good for a cargo loading containers) :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

a helicopter variant in the bottles series, using a 1/72 Huey Cobra, and a small spanish wine bottle from a flight on Iberia :

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Simply wonderful! :wub:
I admire mainly the perfect putty work you did on the connection bottle-canopy/fuselage, wow! :thumbsup:

ericr

thanks!

I actually tried another technique, using very thin foil (actually : the kind that wraps flowers in bouquets),
because it can follow quite "natural" curves.
I also tried it on my ongoing Me262 flying boat as can be seen in another thread :
it seems that it is not magic though, you still have cases where it is uneasy  ;)

DarrenP2

ericr

oh I do have a Buccanerer in my stash : the Revell/Matchbox one, with engines and wings ready to be attached elsewhere ...

ericr

a new musivcal endeavour, with a vietnamese Dan Nguyet miniature, combined with a HobyBoss Sabre :

Gondor

I'm tempted to say a Monty Python joke about a bloke with a big nose, but I wont, sure someone else will though....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on April 02, 2016, 01:49:20 PM
with a vietnamese Dan Nguyet miniature, combined with a HobyBoss Sabre :
With such an opponent, the USA were sure to loose the Vietnam War. Glory to flying music in the air?

ericr

it is the same idea as for my previous guitars : the nose is a bitlong indeed, but supports a wider range of notes  ;)

Captain Canada

The bottles are making me thirsty ! The Sabre/ Dan Nguyet  combo looks surprisingly good, especially from the side !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 03, 2016, 10:10:41 AM
The bottles are making me thirsty ! The Sabre/ Dan Nguyet  combo looks surprisingly good, especially from the side !

:cheers:

thanks !

the landing gear indeed looks well-proportioned

ericr

some of my previous experiments left me with a number of fuselages (that's what you get when you fit wings to everything). Particularly, some twin booms ...

And then I thought of turtles, bought three of them, and here we go :

P-38, blue :

Saab-21, yellow :

Sabre, red :