LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on April 18, 2014, 11:40:58 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2014, 07:54:16 AM
Almost looks as though an owl met a bat - very good  :thumbsup:

yes indeed, I thought that too when I saw the result  :unsure:

I think it's the way the owls wing attaches to the leading edge of the aircraft wing, makes them look like a bat's forelegs and the way they attach to it's wings
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

NARSES2

Now that is another nice one  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

zenrat

That works really well.  Good job.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

a new brid / aicraft hybrid (I still have an eagle head or two in my spare parts ... this is not over yet)

this involves a small 1/200 B-17 I had bought cheap, not exactly knowing what to do with it, quite some time ago

ericr

Quote from: ericr on June 10, 2014, 12:52:43 PM

a new brid / aicraft hybrid (I still have an eagle head or two in my spare parts ... this is not over yet)

the eagle head comes form the Lindberg American eagle

I used wings for other projects, like this one, where wings span was just the same as this 1/48 F-14

of for a flying boat with Revell's tug

and the bodies were also used in hydrid assemblies :

NARSES2

Those bird like jets are just superb - sculpture is the only category that I can think of that suits them  :bow:

Librarian

Superb :wub: :thumbsup: These really remind me of those wonderful designs by Kevin O'Neill in 2000AD comic years ago....Gooney Birds in Nemesis and the fantastic Metalzoic.

ericr

thanx!

(but I have a weird feeling : I don't see the pictures in my post ... I hope you do?  :-\)

Steel Penguin

ericr, I see pictures,  amazing  use of parts, and imagination in them as well.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Quote from: Librarian on June 15, 2014, 08:17:11 AM
Superb :wub: :thumbsup: These really remind me of those wonderful designs by Kevin O'Neill in 2000AD comic years ago....Gooney Birds in Nemesis and the fantastic Metalzoic.

I'd forgotten them.  I've got scans of the complete Nemesis saga on my other computer.  I'll have to dig the relevant pages out so Eric can see them.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 15, 2014, 07:37:06 AM
Those bird like jets are just superb - sculpture is the only category that I can think of that suits them  :bow:

a new Whiffies category?   ;)

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on June 16, 2014, 05:09:07 AM
Quote from: Librarian on June 15, 2014, 08:17:11 AM

I'd forgotten them.  I've got scans of the complete Nemesis saga on my other computer.  I'll have to dig the relevant pages out so Eric can see them.

I'd be glad to see that, I don't know about it, and all sources of inspiration are welcome !

zenrat

Fred