LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That's got to have something more powerful than the VW flat four under the hood, looking at the size of those outdrives!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2016, 03:17:49 AM
That's got to have something more powerful than the VW flat four under the hood, looking at the size of those outdrives!  :o

I hope so, the weight might help keep it in the water ! Looks a tad top heavy to me.

Lovely build though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks all !

the details are courtesy of Revell : chrome parts and inside railings are part of the kits, which builds very nicely and easily actually (at least the OOB part  ;D )

and this whif also considers whiffed gravity and physics  ;D

TheChronicOne

Ahh good, I'll cancel the shipment of bricks! 

Revell may have made the parts but you are the one that got them where they needed to be! I don't see puddles of glue and smears everywhere like on MY models.  lmao   ;D ;D :thumbsup: :mellow:  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

so I found that cheap 1/48 black widow, nice kit, of which you saw the fuselage in red recently above,
(and I just bought anohter one, aha ...)
and I found nice 1/1 plastic/foam bananas, quite realistically shaped
(and I am tempted to buy another set, as ideas are flowing in ...)
and a twin-boom banana has something to it I should say

I had to work quite a bit on the weight in the nose (i.e., babana tip)  to avoid tail-sitting

Tophe

Marvelous twin-boom banana :thumbsup:
I would have used the icon "Love" if I were less afraid that my psychiatrist frown his eyes saying this raised up banana is a phallic symbol, awful... :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

This dude!!!!

I LOVE it! Always with the crazy unexpected.

With the access panel opened and all..

Tempted to put some clear piece at the tip of the banana with a gunner!  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Oh my word that's just surreal.  :bow:

I'd love to see the reaction from people at Scale Model World on viewing these scultures  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

I have been inspired by this great P-61 banana, so a P-38 banana (Bananing) came to life also, together with derivatives. They are featured (with thanks to Ericr) at the temporary end of my Lightning site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit

ericr

thanks !

I have several of those bananas ... watch out

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 09, 2016, 06:56:27 AM
I'd love to see the reaction from people at Scale Model World on viewing these scultures  ;D

I'd love to show them to that public, and surprise them by showing unexpected potential to plastic models, provided they would react positively  ;D

NARSES2

It would be interesting to see the reaction if they were shown at a local art show.

Our local art club/class has public shows twice a year and the public are invited to submit works. There's some very good pieces on display at most shows. A lot of good, local talent.

Weaver

And following on nicely from NARSES2's comment, but by complete coincidence, I just came across this and thought "oh that's right up Ericr's street"...

http://www.ohsosurreal.com/2015/04/interview-with-surreal-painter-and.html

Definite shades of Kris Kuksi in some of the darker ones... http://www.kuksi.com/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Tophe

Captain Canada

I missed the VN van boat ! That is incredible !

Love the banana as well. That is neat !

:wub: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks a lot for the links !

I knew Kuksi, and especially his "tank churches" are quite close to this forum, in that the sorce kits are quite recognizable (the tanks, but also some of the Faller (?) churches)

The other one has very strong hybrids too, some of them a bit darker than what I do though

Quote from: Weaver on October 11, 2016, 03:06:02 PM
And following on nicely from NARSES2's comment, but by complete coincidence, I just came across this and thought "oh that's right up Ericr's street"...

http://www.ohsosurreal.com/2015/04/interview-with-surreal-painter-and.html

Definite shades of Kris Kuksi in some of the darker ones... http://www.kuksi.com/