LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Another good one. :thumbsup:

Tell me Eric, do you go out with the specific intention of finding something specific for a model or is it a case of seeing something and thinking "oh, that will make a very good helicopter" (for example).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanxalot!

sorry for the tail rotor : I reperaired it after the pictures were taken

Quote from: zenrat on October 21, 2016, 02:54:32 PM
Another good one. :thumbsup:

Tell me Eric, do you go out with the specific intention of finding something specific for a model or is it a case of seeing something and thinking "oh, that will make a very good helicopter" (for example).

well it depends, there is some randomness, or serendipity in the process.
Sometimes I start from an aircraft, sometimes from an object, because I ilke their shape somehow,
and then I think "what could I do with it?"

For example in the case of the bananas, I first bought one fake plastic foam one in order to do this, inspired by a drawing by Kuczynski, which you might remember from there :
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,37003.msg696592.html#msg696592

and then I saw potentiel for banana fuselages, and then the series took shape (you noticed I like series, maybe?) with monoplanes, biplanes, jet, propeller, ...

And sometimes it the other way round : I bought several space shuttles with boosters (1/144, Academy, real cheap), and then saw what could take the place of the shuttle, or booster, or both ; and a series came out of that (still one or two to go , by the way : stay tuned)

Tophe

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on October 22, 2016, 03:15:27 AM
Thanks for the explanation Eric.

you are welcome : it is mostly an inspiration thing actually.
Sometimes for particular cases I can say why and how some aspect of the shape of the one and of the other make me see a match, and sometimes I am indeed browsing catalogs for the kit that matches my needs, or conversely.

TheChronicOne

Someone should whip up a poll containing a number of non-aircraft items. We all vote on the item we want and then Eric gets to build it how he sees fit.   ;D

(I suspected that it was normal "wear and tear" on the rotor, had to bust yer chops a bit!!   ;)   :D  )

-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

more bananas :

a 1/28 Sopwith Camel (I am busy lowering my stash level ...)
and a banana, because I wanted to see how it could look as a biplane

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

ericr

the other half of the 1/28 Camel had to have a life, and in my qtash I had this Revell wooden kit of da Vinci designed wings for manned flight :

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

You are proving Da Vinci was an inventor not a dreamer, or is this the same? ;D