LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

It's making me think of Batman.  Which is a good thing.

Do the wings flap - making it an ornithopter?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks all!

it does look a bit like a Batman thing indeed  ;)
but da Vinci's design predates the comics quite a bit  ;D

There was a possibility of making the wings articulate, with rops and stuff, but I simplified that :
a more skilled modeller could have a try, with handles from the cockpit for the pilot to draw  ;D

TheChronicOne

Would make the corny "I just flew in from Italy and boy are my arms tired" joke more literal.   :laugh:

Nice work, bro!! 
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

I had one B727 in 1/100 from VEB/Plasticart left, and I used the fuselage and wings for something else (coming soon), so here I was with the extremities ... and then  I remembered about a picture seen on the internet (but where?) and did this :

the single wheel gives a certain impression of lightness, a bit like for a half P-38 (laterally) I did some years ago ...

TheChronicOne

Banana-esque w/out the banana this time.   :lol:

I dig it!!!   

I think the wings need to be longer though....   (hahahah....because there are no wings...  dont let PR19 see this!! )   :unsure: ;) ;) ;D ;D

Speaking of wings..I wonder what this would look like with a delta wing........ . . . ..
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Actually there is a (little) rear wing on this marvelous plane. And concerning the center of lift vs center of gravity, don't forget that the main rule in normal aircraft (without fly-by-wire) is having a nose-down tendency, this is normal! hehehe... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Somewhat reminiscent of my DC9-BJ, but sans wings.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I like both of those - Eric's and Kit's.
Good jobs both of you.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on November 07, 2016, 02:19:23 PM
... and then  I remembered about a picture seen on the internet (but where?)

Something like the Lippisch Aerodyne, perhaps?

Cheers.

Captain Canada

Wild stuff....Bananotter ! Love all the bananas....great stuff. The pipe I pretty funny as well. Love the batwing too.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks very much all !

it is a pleasure to give you pleasure  ;D

PR19_kit yours is splendid
(better skills than mine, but as I sometimes say : anyone is welcome to reuse my stuff their own ways)

and thanks for the pictures ! and the winner is ...
in the sense that : yes! this was precisely the picture I had in mind, thanks for finding it

Quote from: Flyer on November 08, 2016, 05:25:34 PM
This one?

ericr

Quote from: ericr on November 02, 2016, 01:06:46 PM

the other half of the 1/28 Camel had to have a life, and in my qtash I had this Revell wooden kit of da Vinci designed wings for manned flight :

I just couldn't resist, because any aircraft can be improved by fitting floats (or a hull) :
the latter comes from an old three masted "Hamphitrite" by Heller, and the side floats are fuel barrels from two 1/48 P-61 from Revell.
And therefore this topic is **MOVED** to another appropriate thread of mine :
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,40517.msg747177.html#msg747177
wher you can see more of this :

ericr

One more banana, airliner this time with the middle part of the previously shortened B727 (1/100 Plasticart/VEB) :