LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelpillow

Here I am late to the bananair party, victim of Groucho Marx' famous epithet;

"Time flies like an arrow — fruit flies like a banana!"

Quote from: Alvis 3.14159 on December 11, 2016, 12:31:33 PM

There's just something fun aboot making them into aircraft.
Cheers.

steelpillow

By the way, love the push-pull dino. It somehow reaches into the subconscious.  :wub:
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Something sinister about that Dino....    like a cross between something from Lovecraft and something from Salvadore Dali..or something.  I like it! It conjures up images of one tearing through the jungle with the props spinning.. defense in the back and front.. offense in the back and front... chopping up vegetation and other creatures.   :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

The wings and booms of this P-61 are going to be used elsewhere ( ... teaser ...  ;) ) here is the fuselage,
used by Northrop to test, with an existing airframe to make it simpler and cheaper, ideas about a space shuttle design :

The P-61 is Revell 1/48, the Shuttle and Booster Academy 1/144

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

:wub: Wonderful! I especially love the rear post for the flame-control crew... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Tophe on December 16, 2016, 07:23:28 PM
:wub: Wonderful! I especially love the rear post for the flame-control crew... ;)

Brilliant!!  This is flame control to major balm...
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on December 16, 2016, 07:23:28 PM

Is he the one with the long toasting fork and the bag of marshmallows?

This is great Eric.  I hadn't though about using a P 61 Nacelle in such a way but I think I need to find a cheap one now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Pretty darned awesome there ericr, and the primary colours work really well with it too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thank you all very much!

I really appreciate your appreciation, which gives me inspiration for more  ;D

the idea came from the chance meeting of the two kits on my modelling table after cooliding in my stash.

And I found a source for a 1/48 Revell P-61 at less than 20 euros, and the Shuttle and boosters at 10 euros, some time ago  ;)

The wings and booms will appear here in the coming weeks  :wacko:

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on December 17, 2016, 01:09:58 AM
This is great Eric.  I hadn't though about using a P 61 Nacelle in such a way but I think I need to find a cheap one now.

and, as I sometimes say, please go ahead, and do that kind if stuff with your modelling skills, much sharper than mine  <_<

tigercat

It looks very X wing-y.  can picture R2D2  in the normal turret position

ericr

Quote from: tigercat on December 17, 2016, 12:17:22 PM
It looks very X wing-y.  can picture R2D2  in the normal turret position

right, the dorsal turret is a natural fit for a R2D2 !

I had to keep it shut though, to accomodate the shuttle fin.