LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

the flying banana fuselage (remaining from the above bananaification)
fits well with wings from the very versatile Twin Otter :

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Directional control looks like it would be a tad iffy  :wacko: :wacko:

But I luv the look of it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

thanks all !

I agree that an additional fin would make the thing more reassuring, I hesitated but finally kept the shape of the H-21 :
in a whiff wirld, having a bit wild direction is fine  ;)

TheChronicOne

Pilot just has all the passengers pile from one side to the other depending on which way they want to go.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Brilliant, just the sort of mad idea that someone would have tried out in the 1950s.

Not visible on the model is the thin vertical exhaust slit in the trailing edge of the fuselage. A third engine was mounted inside the fuselage and blew air out of the slit. This was intended to act as a tail fin. The slit was hinged to angle the jet sideways to act as a rudder. Needless to say, the stability and control authority were far less than theory predicted and the theoretician concerned was forcibly dunked in the pond outside the boss's mansion, before being awarded an MBE for services to agriculture.
Cheers.

ericr

I was reminded by a helpful whiffer about the existence of a plausible (i.e., not quite realistic but why not  ;)) and interesting reference, from Couzinet in the 30s :

ericr

TheChronicOne

:drink: :cheers: :party:

Glorrrrrrious!  That's what I'm talking about right there.   :lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

Very nice, I had no idea there was a kit of the plane. Was it a real design or the only whiff in the entire film?
Cheers.

ericr

thanks !
it is a OOB Whif : the kit renders very nicely the plane that can be seen in the movie.
Even the colors were not chosen by me  ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..