LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Quote from: ericr on January 20, 2024, 11:05:12 AMwasn't there a thread about a Countach some time ago ? here is a :

Countach & Hunter, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

I can almost picture seeing James Bond driving/flying something like that, but preferably in a white color. ;) Definately looks like something Q would develop.  ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Vulcan7

Quote from: ericr on January 21, 2024, 11:46:33 AM;D  thanks !

yours are spectular ! eager to see the Vulcan-ised one !

For the kit, I found this weird 1/28 motorized version :

That's a nice kit, thanks for the info, my Tamiya kit  is motorised but I think it's a bit under powered for the Vulcan wings  :o ....I must bite the bullet and finish that one  ;D  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

ericr

Panhard & spider, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

jcf

kerick

If all those legs are properly coordinated that ride would be pretty smooth. You would never get my wife to ride in it, however.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

That's brilliant  :thumbsup:  I can see it in either a Flintstones or Jetsons type of animation., both ends of the historical spectrum  :thumbsup: 

Quote from: kerick on January 24, 2024, 05:06:48 PM. You would never get my wife to ride in it, however.

Nor PR19 Kit  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: ericr on January 21, 2024, 11:46:33 AM;D  thanks !

yours are spectular ! eager to see the Vulcan-ised one !

For the kit, I found this weird 1/28 motorized version :

Think I've got one of those. The idea was to stick a 1/32nd Vulcan cannon the side of it to replicate a particular car in the game Car Wars.  :wacko:

Your winged version is obviously from the 21st century "darker and grittier" remake of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...  ;D  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Presumably a spider with wire-spoked wheels will be arriving shortly then... :wacko:

Those old vintage cars are ideal for steampunk-ish things aren't they?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Now I'll be singing the SpiderPan song all day........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

ericr

spider & Panhard, yellow : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

a simple reciprocal