LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Those two are splendid - it's interesting (and slightly disturbing) how well the bits go together.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ericr

Quote from: Weaver on March 09, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Those two are splendid - it's interesting (and slightly disturbing) how well the bits go together.

thank you all! I have more to come  :rolleyes: even "worse"  ;D

I am happy to be disturbing  ;) : I consciously try to have matchings which fit well, and have something plausible to them : that makes the effect on th emind : impossible but still, somehow, not devoid of meaning ...

It involves asome preparatory study work in terms of size (that means choosing the roght scale for the kit, or size for the figurine) and also of general shape (that's a bit bit more delicate ... I was not sure about the letov,which is angulous, unlike fish, but it turned out not too bad it seems)

PS - how do these people do to have a changing subject in long running threads? I would like to make the current crossing visible in the title, when it appears in the forum pages

zenrat

I think the fish with the biplane wings looks sad.
Like it misses it's fins...

If you click on page 1 of the thread and open your very first post you can then use edit to change the title of that thread and that change will appear in the list of posts.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on March 11, 2014, 03:49:08 AM
I think the fish with the biplane wings looks sad.
Like it misses it's fins...

if you see feelings in the eye of a fish, then it means I succeeded in making an expressive build  ;D

ok, it lost fins, but gained even more wings, no? :rolleyes:

Quote from: zenrat on March 11, 2014, 03:49:08 AM
If you click on page 1 of the thread and open your very first post you can then use edit to change the title of that thread and that change will appear in the list of posts.

ah, thanks for the tip!

McColm

Impressive, got a sort of Harry Potter appeal to them. Something Hagrid and Arthur Weasley had a go at!!

ericr

another hybridization, in the insect world this time, from this :

with that (I like the inverted gull wings of these PZLs):

which gives on the one hand this :

and on the other hand that :

NARSES2

The world of insects in 2,000,000 years time ?

Echoing Weaver's thoughts they look quite spooky if you are concerned by genetic engineering. Amazing work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Excellent.
They both look like they come right out of Lexx.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

thanks for your appreciation ; I dod'nt know Lexx, will take a look.

not only fish and insects, but also, of course, birds are preys of choice for crossings :

like, from this swan :

and a sopwith triplane :

you can get this :

zenrat

Lexx was a Sci Fi series.  The spaceships were very insectile.

The Sopwith Swan is good.  She looks proud of her wings and is pleased to show them off.

Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on March 18, 2014, 03:30:08 AM
Lexx was a Sci Fi series.  The spaceships were very insectile.

The Sopwith Swan is good.  She looks proud of her wings and is pleased to show them off.

pleasure is certainly the leading principle here  ;D

Knightflyer

I must admit to 'not liking' these creations when I first saw them ....but now, well they've definitely grown on me. ;D where's the Sopwith with the swan's wings, or did I miss that?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

ericr

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 05:25:28 AM
I must admit to 'not liking' these creations when I first saw them ....but now, well they've definitely grown on me. ;D where's the Sopwith with the swan's wings, or did I miss that?

thanks for changing your mind in this direction  ;D
was it maybe the colors? or the modelling skill? I can admit improvability, for sure, and actually I encourage better technicians to do it better, I would be happy! Anyway, it is quite a but different from the rest, so acquiring the taste may well take time  ;)

There is no Sopwith with swan's wings actually (well, not yet), I wonder where I put them? I will find back and report  :rolleyes:

ericr

the series started some time ago, and I didn't find the wings of the previous swan (strange, how could I forget?), but here is something else about swans : a couple, one resting and one extending wings :

and a couple of Widgeons (from Grumman, I mean) :

they crossed into, on the one side, a resting Widgeon and one extending wings :

and, on the other side, swans doing the same with Widgeon wings ...

ericr

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 05:25:28 AM

now I remember what I did with this swan's wings :

which is a crossing with a SIAT (1/48, one of those very cheap PM models, nice to work with)