LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Quote from: ericr on October 06, 2014, 10:53:22 AM
I stumbled upon these :
(I didn't remember to have seen them anywhere)

here we go again, I used this one crossed  with a 1/76 M16 halftrack (Revell, ex-Matchbox, with diorama) like this :

And of course I did it both ways : the halftrack Oryctes Nasicornis :

on the diorama (itself also red-yellow-blue-ed) :

and the legged M16 :

Weaver

The half-track with legs looks to have potential in the WWII walkers field (there are others).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Neat stuff. Not sure which one I like better....probably the legged one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I can just see these being dug up by some future archaeologist in 1,000 or so years time and the ensuing tv (or whatever they have then) programme explaining the  secret transport designs of the ancients  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks all! I still have an ant and a big hirned bug in the insect stash : we'll see what they will cross with ...

meantimes, I think I haven't yet introduced to you thisMe262 (1/144) with wings of a cicada :

I put it in a frame, to look like what insect collectors do, and hang it on my wall :

zenrat

I don't know about that one Eric.  To me it looks like it needs either a tail of some sort or something to make it obvious which end is the front - maybe a couple of drop tanks on the mounts under the nose?
Or some night fighter radar aerials which would be a nod towards those big fringed moth antennae.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2015, 02:02:47 AM
I don't know about that one Eric.  To me it looks like it needs either a tail of some sort or something to make it obvious which end is the front - maybe a couple of drop tanks on the mounts under the nose?
Or some night fighter radar aerials which would be a nod towards those big fringed moth antennae.

I see your point zenrat, thanks for the suggestion : I think the radar which sometimes goes with Me262 would look fine indeed, but I don't have that at hand in 1/144 ; I could try something with simpler antennas from the scrap box, even not to scale actually.
It is a bit schematic indeed : actually it was a fast reuse of that Me262 frame which was there, coming as spare from a twin-seat kit I used for something else, and without a tail fin. The cockpit does give a sense of orientation though, front/back as well as up/down.

steelpillow

I can tell immediately which is the front because I know which way round a butterfly's wings go.

The radar antenna idea is spot on. It needn't be to precise scale, just something suggestive.
Cheers.

dumaniac

great imagination - love the concepts and combinations

zenrat

Even just a couple of lengths of guitar string (top E would be about right) or other stiff wire would do the trick.
Fred

ericr

indeed I can find simple antenna/mandibula things. I just have to think a bit about it, and then hang it off the wall and do it ...

Captain Canada

That's pretty neat. Makes an interesting wall hanging as well !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

this bottle of "vin de paille" from Jura got wings (and engines) from a BAE Trident (1/100) :
the sizes were fitting quite well  ;)

and as an aside,I also tried this crossing between a Coke bottle and a 1/32 Piper Cub, with wheel from elsewhere ... :