LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

these are delightfully whimsical, and show an eye for shape and pattern matching that should be applauded .  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

Love the wine bottle...especially with the cork sticking out !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

You realise that if it's based in a Trident the nosewheel should be offset 2 ft. to the left I hope?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

I think it is  offset to the side, but after emptying the bottle of wine you can't tell.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

After looking at kitbasher's Comet I think it should have red wings, but that would upset ericr's 'single colour' philosophy.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: JayBee on March 08, 2015, 10:54:25 AM
I think it is  offset to the side, but after emptying the bottle of wine you can't tell.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also think it is offset to the side, but I am not completely sure it was on purpose  ;D
The original kit (an old east-german one) featured a piece meant especially for this offset.

I would like to say, as I said in the past, that if anyone with modelling skill beter mastered than mine would like to take up one of these idea, I would welcome it, for sure  :smiley:

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2015, 11:26:18 AM
After looking at kitbasher's Comet I think it should have red wings, but that would upset ericr's 'single colour' philosophy.  ;D

I sometimes do use more than one color at a time : I even go up to three actually.

Do you have a pointer to the Comet you mention?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on March 08, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

I sometimes do use more than one color at a time : I even go up to three actually.

This thread ericr :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40287.msg675450/topicseen.html#new

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2015, 01:15:01 PM
Quote from: ericr on March 08, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

This thread ericr :- http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40287.msg675450/topicseen.html#new

ah yes, I had seen it, beautiful indeed : I don't know why I was imagining a Me163 Komet with red wings ... and a yellow fuselage

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on March 08, 2015, 01:58:53 PM
I don't know why I was imagining a Me163 Komet with red wings ... and a yellow fuselage

Hehehe, the mind BOGGLES!  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 08, 2015, 07:27:26 AM
these are delightfully whimsical, and show an eye for shape and pattern matching that should be applauded .  :thumbsup:

thanks! the matching of shapes and sizes is indeed a good part of the game!
finding the right bottle for the right wings, and reciprocally  ;D

In the case of the Coke Cub I felt it looks quite fine, and when I was looking in ma scrao box for wheel, the large spats sprung to attention.

I use another Coke bottle earlier in this thread, with a 1/144 Space Shuttle ...

The building has been a bit shaky on this one, partly because the bottle plastic is not easy to work with, and glues dont't stick too well,and I work with very basic tools and skills.
But as I sometimes say, if anyone out here with better skills than mine wants to make a follow up or a cover version (event with non primary colors ;) ) please do so, I would be honored, and pleased as well.

ericr

[...], but that would upset ericr's 'single colour' philosophy.  ;D

Here comes an example of more-than-one-colour endeavour :

Considering the same BAE Trident (1/100) as before:

I had a remaining fuselage, which has a diameter nearly perfectly fitting that of the Heller 1/125 Ariane 5 :

HENCE this hybrid, evoking space travel for the masses :

(and no i still have the back half of the fuselage left ...  :unsure:)

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit