LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

You'd certainly get a different sounding sonic boom with those  ;D :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks!

maybe I could try to upload a soud file documenting the sound produced?
It would be "what if music" ...  :unsure: :wacko: :ph34r:

Captain Canada

That is so cool ! Almost looks like it would be flyable, especially in the rear 3/4 view.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks! on that view it looks a bit like it is a tail-sitter, but no! I finely tuned the height of the front wheel for it to stand!

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on March 25, 2015, 06:20:25 AM

indeed it would propel much more than the coke even  ;D

but the direction woud be backwards ...  :unsure:

which brings me back to an old topic, where I explored the musical crossing of a Chengdu F-7E and a flute

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,38180.0.html

and one comment was that it was reversed w.r.t. airflow in the flute ...

So I had a new try, with another flute, and a 1/125 Heller B727 which has just the right length and quite the same diameter :

Perfect for a whistle-stop tour!
Cheers.

ericr

ericr

and now for something more in line with the original topic of this thread : aircraft/animals hybrids.
Most of the time I give wings to animals, this time I consider snout :
here is a lion (actually a kind of 3D jigsaw puzzle) with the face (cockpit and front) of a Noorduyn Norseman :

I have a few other fuselages in my spare heap, so I am looking for welcoming animals ... ideas are bubbling

zenrat

Very good Eric.  He reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That's delightful. I've said it before but I'll say it again. These works really do blur the lines between modelling and art/sculpture  :thumbsup: I can just imagine some TV auction show in 60 years time auctioning these "rare examples of early 21st Century amalgamation sculpture" off  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

steelpillow

Or is it just a trained lion wearing a force-ventilated gas mask?

OTOH I can well imagine the CIA in its heyday giving the poor creature a water-ski, strapping a backpack bomb on it and launching it from a submarine to assassinate some hapless African communist.
Cheers.

Captain Canada

One of my favourites so far ! Love the way an aero cockpit can become a face...interesting indeed !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks all for your appreciation, and ...

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2015, 06:57:27 AM
That's delightful. I've said it before but I'll say it again

... and each time you say it it encourages me to make a dozen others, and then show them here !  :ph34r: :wacko:

so you asked for it : be ready for more to come, very soon!

Quote from: steelpillow on March 30, 2015, 09:14:45 AM
Or is it just a trained lion wearing a force-ventilated gas mask?
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 30, 2015, 12:11:28 PM
One of my favourites so far ! Love the way an aero cockpit can become a face...interesting indeed !

it is indeed true that it makes it visible how an aircraft has a face in fact : it is one of the strange revelations of this kind of exercise. Some time ago I showed on this forum a few small sized busts to which I gave a cockpit face (B24, FW189, Be6)
like this :

I think I am going to continue animal hybrids on this line ...

ericr

Still on the animal/aircraft side, but actually nearly plain OOB (but in my favorite and usual colors) :
from Hasegawa, the Shuttle and 747 in egg-form !
(when I saw it coming out, I just couldn't resist)

Captain Canada

That is pretty neat indeed ! Love the shape of both of them.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?