LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

and here comes the other half of the Arado Ar234 : it is the night version, with radar antenna.

And then I stumbled upon a plastic shell looking a bit like that of a snail
(a container for a puzzle figurine of a balloon fish ... this is bound to become something too, but what?  :unsure: :wacko:)

So the building challenge was in scale-matching, kind of ... :rolleyes:

and here is the crossing :

steelpillow

Cheers.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on April 05, 2015, 05:14:19 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on April 04, 2015, 11:21:54 AM
Top Gear did something similar with a (1:1) Reliant Robin a few years back:

hear is the vidio of the idea and the "flight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJdrlWR-yFM#t=458

At least our Hobbes got it right, it's a RELIANT ROBIN, NOT a Robin Reliant!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Who started that reversed name stupidity anyway?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

ericr

remember this ?

Quote from: ericr on October 06, 2014, 10:53:22 AM
I stumbled upon these :
(I didn't remember to have seen them anywhere)

what a nice Whiffing material !
I don't know yet what I will do with them, but I'll keep you posted ...

I thought I would try out aircraft, but in the end inspiration was much more down to earth
(yes yes, I am down to earth indeed)

I hesitated a bit, but finally chose for this, though it was not cheap, but it has the good looks
(and, with scaling, exactly the right size too, which is part of the very subtle work here  ;D) :

and so here is the hybridization, one way, in blue :

the other way will be posted soon, in red this time

NARSES2

You want to patent some of these ideas before one of the Animation studios gets hold of them and I'm only half joking !

Wonderfully creative mind
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks!

maybe I could think of a patent, but the publication on this forum is a proofof anteriority in any case  ;)

Actually, as i sometimes say, if anyone out there with more skills than me was inspired by my ideas, to build them with more elaborate quality, liveries etc, I would be pleased.

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on April 13, 2015, 03:26:28 AM
Quote from: ericr on April 12, 2015, 11:38:58 AM
thanks!

maybe I could think of a patent, but the publication on this forum is a proofof anteriority in any case  ;)

Actually, as i sometimes say, if anyone out there with more skills than me was inspired by my ideas, to build them with more elaborate quality, liveries etc, I would be pleased.

I will try some things inspired by your creations sometime when I find objects to use. :thumbsup:

just look around you, it only takes a well-oriented look to find the objects ;-)

ericr

now the other way around, also a bit creepy, necessarily :

the head lights give a sympathetic look, though, not?

steelpillow

Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on April 14, 2015, 02:10:03 AM
Awesome :thumbsup:

Quote from: ericr on April 13, 2015, 10:02:10 AM

just look around you, it only takes a well-oriented look to find the objects ;-)

Living very basic right now so there is not much laying around to use, when living in a more permanent location said objects will not be a problem. There is a second hand shop here that sell large mixed bags of toys for a few dollars so I will get a few of those next time I go in and see what I can do from that for now. :cheers:

thanks!

toy shops are a source of inspiration indeed, and even if I sometimes buy on the internet, it can be useful to see what you get, especially the sizes (width, height, diameters ...) to get things right when mixing with other kits ...

ericr

thanks again for your reactions!

Now that I begin to have quite some training in that sort of "kitbashing insight"  :rolleyes:, the next thing will concern the ant kit which goes with these insects, and given its shape and size, I have long thought about it, and just recently bought what i think is a good match, in length (for width, it will require a bit pof imagination ...) : an Airfix 1/32 Triumph TR4A : wait and see ... ... ...

ericr

but before animalizing again, and to come back to aircraft, just a little adaptation of PM 1/72 F-5A kit (I found a few dozens very cheap some time ago) with the suction cup tips from arrows :

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Brilliant.
Have you tried throwing them at a window or mirror to see if they stick?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..