LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on April 18, 2015, 07:49:43 PM
Brilliant.
Have you tried throwing them at a window or mirror to see if they stick?

well, I kind of have, but precautiously, and the suction cups do not work very well, I have to admit :
next time maybe I should try to find better quality suction cups :

Whiffing sometimes brings quite technical issues that the "normal" modellers don't even think of : hence the greater merit we have  ;D

ericr

Quote from: eatthis on April 19, 2015, 02:02:35 AM
Quote from: scooter on April 18, 2015, 01:38:11 PM
F-16s would have worked better as a Lawn Dart ;D

f104 all the way  :lol:

right indeed, you are very welcome to make the exercise with these : I would say that the rule of thumb is that the length between nose and wings should be large ; delta aircraft should be doing well too (Daggers, Mirages, ... maybe even Hustler?)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

steelpillow

Cheers.

ericr

you might remember this tribute to two of the great american contributions to the world culture :

Quote from: ericr on February 12, 2015, 04:51:42 AM

I don't think I share this one with you, a bit older :

a 1/144 Space Shuttle crossed with a bottle form a well-known sweet soda brand :

and I thought it deserved to be appropriately boosted, so after some thinking and considering different possibilities, i finally opted for a bottle of Rivella (a delicious swiss lemonade, hard to find anywhere out of Switzerland and a bit of Germany) :

ericr

I finally got around to build something like a Tophe idea!  :o

There was a discussion about a P-38 with sharkmouths, with a mention of cerberus three-headed dog :

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20326.msg677250.html#msg677250

and I found a cerberus figurine which seemed fine for such a treat :

and I used a HobbyBoss P-38, cheap but surprisingly clean, and funnily designed with two half-airframe, upper and lower ...

and here is the hybrid (in yellow  ;D):

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

:wub: The best dogfighter ever! :thumbsup: :bow:
Congratulations...
Well, uh... I hope this monster is on our side, threatening our enemy, not on the other side :-\ :blink: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Heh heh heh, Lockheed P-38 Fluffy.  Personal aircraft of Squadron Leader Hagrid at RAF Hogwarts...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks all!

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2015, 03:36:31 AM
Heh heh heh, Lockheed P-38 Fluffy.  Personal aircraft of Squadron Leader Hagrid at RAF Hogwarts...

right indeed!

apparently there exists a figurine of this particular one :

so there are possibilities for variations on the theme!

another possibility which came up in Tophe's thread is to consider cats ...

steelpillow

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2015, 03:36:31 AM
Heh heh heh, Lockheed P-38 Fluffy.  Personal aircraft of Squadron Leader Hagrid at RAF Hogwarts...
Or possibly of Charon the ferry pilot.
Oh, no, silly me. That would be a floatplane capable of landing on the River Styx.  :wacko:

Seriously, I love this one, it has such rich resonances.
Cheers.

zenrat

Fred