LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

I am  currently busy with another project involving the tail fin remaining of a Berviev Be-6 from my previous things : something quite hybrid, also involving a 1/32 Mosquito ... wait and see

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on June 08, 2015, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: ericr on June 07, 2015, 05:07:06 AM
something quite hybrid, also involving a 1/32 Mosquito

A 1/32 Mosquito would be less than 0.3mm long, must have good eyesight to use any parts off of it ;D

you are slightly overrating my modelling skills  ;D

ericr

the mystery of the Be-6 tail fins will have to last a bit more, because of paint layers issues ...

but here is the magnificent 1/32 Mosquito powering a bottle of wine from Argentine (not bad either)

ericr

Quote from: ericr on June 17, 2015, 03:09:51 AM

but here is the magnificent 1/32 Mosquito powering a bottle of wine from Argentine (not bad either)

this wine bottle didn't bring many reactions : maybe people on this forum prefer beer?
in this case they will soon be contented  ;D

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

so here is the first half of the story between the 1/32 Mosquito and the whale :

this build had a few surprising difficulties : for example, we are all used to putting weights to avoid tail-sitting aircraft : here I had to put weights (two fo 50 grs each!) in the tail to avoid jaw-sitting !

that's what happes when you do whiffing : problems also turn upside down ...  :D

speaking of which, I also realised, just after gluing the ead of the whale to the fuselage of the Mosquito, that I had turned in around ... but then it appeared to be the better way, because the door and structure are more visible on the back.

ah, and the wings come from a 1/72 F100 Supersabre by PM Models (I might have added the inflight refueling pipe?  ;))

Tophe

:wub: Great! and seeing the final pictures, I thought this was a true animal-machine, with no thought of the hardwork put in it by its Creator...
Congratulations Lord ericr... :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Good one Eric.  I prefer your animal/machine hybrids to your bottles to be honest.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks Tophe!
and ...

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2015, 02:22:16 AM
Good one Eric. 

thanks zenrat : I appreciate your appreciation, as I am often impressed by your inspiration and skills .

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2015, 02:22:16 AM
I prefer your animal/machine hybrids to your bottles to be honest.

ok, fair enough, I also have variable sensitivity w.r.t. what I see on the forum.
There will be a few more bottles though, as the thread still tickles me.

But just wait and see what I am doing with the spare parts from this whale and Mosquito ...  :wacko:

and my stash recently grew with dolphins, a swan and a duck, another whale, horses ...
(maybe I should or could post that info on the "stash grew again" thread, it might stir a bit of surprise  ;D)

ericr

the reciprocal Mosquito and whale is busy drying (sometimes the paints react unusually with the different plastics) so in the meantime here is something completely different :

I crossed this Somua S-35 french tank with an elephant :I cautiously chose the Somua S-35 because its turret is much more to the front than is the case for most tanks, and it seemed appropriate here.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Nice work on both of the latest. Love the tanks especially and the fuselage body of the whale is neat as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

That's just surreal  :bow:

Can you imagine that coming over the field at you ? You wouldn't go back to that pub again, that's for sure  :drink: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.