LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on June 25, 2015, 11:43:23 PM
There will be a few more bottles though, as the thread still tickles me.
and my stash recently grew with dolphins, a swan and a duck, another whale, horses ...
The next bottle-planes will be welcome for me (and probably several of us). As far as I am concerned, this is not for celebrating to get drunk, but an absurd mix that I love. (And I saw on TV an old veteran soldier saying himself "me, a hero? not at all because we were completly drunk when sent to kill or be killed, otherwise we would have refused...". This bottle-warbirds make me think of that pacifist thinking and I clap my hands - even if this is not the meaning on your own side, dear ericr).
And horses... do you mean... Mustangs?!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

to go back to aircraft hybrids, while the whale gently dries :

an Arado 196 with a small bottle of Duvel (my very favorite beer) :
as you can see the bottom (or front, in the case of this potential aircraft) says "small is beautiful"  ;D
and I gave it spats, for a nice 30s look

Tophe

Far more beautiful than aerodynamic! :thumbsup: (all the radial-engined airplane are like that, with propeller or not) :lol:

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on July 01, 2015, 10:37:00 AM
Far more beautiful than aerodynamic! :thumbsup: (all the radial-engined airplane are like that, with propeller or not) :lol:

thanks Tophe!

and, by the way, while you are there :

sometime ago you had an idea which got into my mind : the Book-Airplane :
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.msg676207.html#msg676207

and I liked so much that I had to try it out : using an Airfix Ar196, and a Clairefontaine notebook, cut to the shape of the wings :

it could have been featured in a Tophe-inspired group build!   ;D

zenrat

Eric, that is just wonderful.  My new favourite.
How about if you cut the notebook into the shape of insect or birds wings?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2015, 03:10:38 AM
How about if you cut the notebook into the shape of insect or birds wings?

thanks zenrat !

the notebooks could indeed be cut in any shape : in this inspiration, sky is the limit  ;D

I did in the past cut insect wings in see-through paper (how do you call that actually?) as below (haven't found the opportunity to add the whiskers you once mentioned) but not yet in these note books ...

zenrat

See through (or opaque) paper could be tracing paper or greaseproof paper depending on what it was made for.

Having had time to think about it what makes the Arado so good is the contrast between the hard blue aircraft parts and the slightly fanned out delicate white pages.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2015, 04:28:37 AM
See through (or opaque) paper could be tracing paper or greaseproof paper depending on what it was made for.

Having had time to think about it what makes the Arado so good is the contrast between the hard blue aircraft parts and the slightly fanned out delicate white pages.

yes I meant tracing paper

the fanned out pages make me think of this image I found : an interesting possibility,
but aircraft are not supposed to flap their wings (or not for long anyway)

zenrat

Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2015, 03:08:16 AM
Planes may not flap their wings for long but Ornithopters do.

aha!

this opens up a new possible thread : ornithopterization of classic planes (Hurricanes, Spitfires, Mustangs(Tophe!!!) e.a.)

but then compared to this Ar196, the book edge should longitudinal against the fuselage, rather than lateral

many things to do (or to be added to the to-do-possibly list)  :wacko:

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2015, 03:10:38 AM
I agree! Plainly wonderful! Say these are Bible pages and you get automatically a ticket for Heaven! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :lol: ;D
(Ahem, uh, when I said "a ticket for Heaven", I don't mean "now", please don't die right now, we need you so much! for enjoyment at least... ;) )

Tophe

Yes, and the Mustang ornithopter was a good example, thanks! (see what I made from this at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.1275.html ). Thanks again!

tonton42

Quote from: Tophe on July 03, 2015, 08:02:33 PM
Yes, and the Mustang ornithopter was a good example, thanks! (see what I made from this at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,4461.1275.html ). Thanks again!

I love !  :wub: If it was need, proof is made that technology and poetry are not paradoxical !  :cheers:

@+++

Tonton
"Aussi longtemps que respireras
Au sérieux point ne te prendras"
(Roger Semet)

As long as will breathe
Seriously will not take you

ericr

thanks ! I do think there is some poetry indeed in these chimeras ...

and now for something quite different :

the long promised mosquito and whale (with a Briev Be-6 tail) :

I particularly liked the glass nose (droop-like)