LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelpillow

These whale hybrids remind me of the old SF story, "The Godwhale" by T.J. Bass: it was half whale, half cyber ship - it had a huge deck you could stomp up and down on.
Cheers.

Tophe

Lovely! If I were a male whale, I would ask her for marriage! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

That's great Eric.  She makes me think of the Pines of Rome section of Fantasia 2000 where the Wales fly.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Captain Canada

Wow that certainly has a lot of personality ! Nice one, one of my favourites so far !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks again!

to give an idea of the challenges encountered : the shapes of sections were quite different, so I added a cheek in transparent cellophane/plastic, which I then smoothed with mastic/putty (same for the other Mosquito and whale, but in the other direction)

ericr

and now for something completely different
(I have quite a few things in stock in the pipeline actually)

the crossing of an elephant

and an excavator

is quite naturally as follows
(with a pair of 1/18 tools) :

and the other way around, the reciprocal is just as natural :

steelpillow

Lovely!

The yellow one looks like some sort of dredger or sludge gulper.
I just wonder whether its tusks would look better curving down over the front of the tracks like mudguards?
Cheers.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2015, 08:24:54 AM
I'm pleased to see the elephant is CE approved.........  ;D

I guess it means that when I cut it up to do my kitbashing I do not get poisoned too much  ;D

zenrat

I like the trunked digger but I must admit I find the bucket nosed elephant slightly disturbing.  Possibly because it's too close to what someone might think is a good idea IRL.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 09, 2015, 02:33:50 AM
I like the trunked digger but I must admit I find the bucket nosed elephant slightly disturbing.  Possibly because it's too close to what someone might think is a good idea IRL.

not whiff enough ?  :unsure:
but it remains hard to put into practice IRL, in that for anyway  ;D
It looks quite natural indeed, which makes the chimera a bit stronger to my taste.

zenrat

No no, it's whiff level is satisfactory.  I think it's just that it's a bit too close to what some people might try to do to a living elephant.  Look at dolphins and seals trained to carry mines for example.
Fred

ericr

ah you means like a lawn watering elephant would not be too surprising ...

I have another elephant coming, we'll see how you find it  ;D

ericr