LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Ahah, THAT kind of Seamew.  :o

I thought it was going to be one of these.....

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks all! I am particularly touched, because as I said, the building is a bit sketchy (but a draft of much potential  ;D)

Kit, considering the other Seamew is certainly inspiring, esthetically  :wacko: but I didn't have a kit at hand

PR19_Kit

AFAIK there is only one kit of a Short Seamew and it's a Magna resin kit, not so easy to find these days.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

that Seamew can certainly lead to shocking Whiffs, given its provoking original look  ;D
If I ever find a cheap one somewhere ...

ericr

another relatie oldie, which I think I didn't post yet :

done with a shuttle fuselage with wheels probably from a 1/48 big plane (B-29?) :

jcf

Golden cousins, one Air/Sea (Gloster VI) - the other Land (Segrave Napier), both powered by the Napier Lion W12 engine.
Note how the Land vehicle looks like an aircraft.  ;D

Profil24 kits in 1/24, I have the Segrave Napier Golden Arrow car model, very nice kit.

ericr

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 12, 2015, 12:09:46 PM
Golden cousins, one Air/Sea (Gloster VI) - the other Land (Segrave Napier), both powered by the Napier Lion W12 engine.

Profil24 kits in 1/24, I have the Segrave Napier Golden Arrow car model, very nice kit.

very beautiful indeed! I am especially sensitive to the seaplane  ;D I didn't know that brand exists, it looks high quality stuff.

And the car is just stunning indeed!

My experiments are much more modest, skillwise, but if my ideas inspired a virtuoso I would be just happy.

ericr

Captain Canada

That cow is hilarious. Gas powered as well.

The Golden Machines are gorgeous ! Love that cowling shape.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 15, 2015, 05:25:11 AM
That cow is hilarious. Gas powered as well.
Oh, poor planet... Ecologists have yelled: "cows' farts gas are releasing more CO2 than all automobiles and aircraft together", this requires curation, not even more farts up to above the clouds, please... (for the Planet) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 12, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

Those are gorgeous Jon.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Not so much a whif or an animal, but if I made all the monetary decisions around here I might make a bad one with this  :thumbsup:

http://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/5209917992.html
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 10, 2015, 08:59:24 AM
Ahah, THAT kind of Seamew.  :o

I thought it was going to be one of these.....

<Shorts Seamew>

LOL - I did exactly the same... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ericr

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 16, 2015, 07:21:32 AM
Not so much a whif or an animal, but if I made all the monetary decisions around here I might make a bad one with this  :thumbsup:

http://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/5209917992.html

very lovely!
If you own land wide enough to go cruising around on the snow, then it can be a refreshing investment