LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Imagine the mess on your car if you parked under a tree they were roosting in.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

steelpillow

Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on September 30, 2015, 12:53:35 PM
A couple more like that - a Zebra and a Llama - and we'll know what PZL really stands for   ;D

this is tempting ... but where do you find a llama figurine?

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on October 05, 2015, 12:43:48 PM
A couple more like that - a Zebra and a Llama - and we'll know what PZL really stands for   ;D

The British Museum of course
http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aoa/i/inca_gold_llama.aspx

Seriously, a quick google suggests that a resin-cast figure might be your best bet. Something like this perhaps at 4-5 ins. tall:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AF54-CON-Llama-Standard-Figurine-/271583618431?hash=item3f3ba5257f

BTW, in German a horse is ein Pferd, so you could drop the "Pegasus" bit and just go for Pferd-Zebra-Lama. Doesn't work in Polish though, which is a shame.
Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on October 06, 2015, 06:02:15 AM
Quote from: ericr on October 05, 2015, 12:43:48 PM
A couple more like that - a Zebra and a Llama - and we'll know what PZL really stands for   ;D

The British Museum of course
http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/aoa/i/inca_gold_llama.aspx

obviously.

but, err, a bit out of my standard of linving

Seriously, a quick google suggests that a resin-cast figure might be your best bet. Something like this perhaps at 4-5 ins. tall:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AF54-CON-Llama-Standard-Figurine-/271583618431?hash=item3f3ba5257f

lovely!

but still a bit expensive, compraed to what I am used to.

Hey, but look here :

http://www.schleich-shop.eu/fr/animaux-de-la-ferme/371-schleich-13703-alpaga-male-lama-pacos-4005086137035.html

that's more readily doable

QuoteBTW, in German a horse is ein Pferd, so you could drop the "Pegasus" bit and just go for Pferd-Zebra-Lama. Doesn't work in Polish though, which is a shame.

jawohl indeed ; I don't know polish though ...

regarding the zebra, for example this one :

http://www.schleich-shop.eu/fr/faune-afrique/165-schleich-14391-zebre-male-4005086143913.html?search_query=zebre&results=11

I think this scheme, and possibly wings (from a 1/72 kit) could or even should be used :

but then, this was your idea, so now we know where the (cheap) ingredients are, I will let you make it real !  :party:

;D

steelpillow

You would have to wait at least five years, probably more. I have a long design-and-build programme for the historical novel I am working on. Amongst other things there are four different marks of Twinfire and a scratchbuilt fabric-winged machine. But this is going off-topic.
Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on October 07, 2015, 12:44:35 PM
You would have to wait at least five years, probably more. I have a long design-and-build programme for the historical novel I am working on. Amongst other things there are four different marks of Twinfire and a scratchbuilt fabric-winged machine. But this is going off-topic.

yes, the topic here is avionirics, let us not forget it.
But then, if your Twinfires e.a. involve aircraft and dreams it is relevant.

Ok, rendez-vous in five years then ; unless you try one or two of the small things as a recreation  ;)

steelpillow

yes, the topic here is avionirics, let us not forget it.
But then, if your Twinfires e.a. involve aircraft and dreams it is relevant.

Ok, rendez-vous in five years then ; unless you try one or two of the small things as a recreation  ;)
[/quote]

Two kinds of dream, even. dreams which merge into the visual reveries that all designers experience, and Dunne dreams which mix past, present and future. The J.W. Dunne who gave his name to such dreams also built the world's first certified stable aeroplane, so I hope you don't mind my mentioning him here.

In fact he was also an innovator and writer in the gentle art of fly-fishing. So a cross between a lure and a flying machine would not go amiss - an insect-aeroplane hybrid with a barbed hook curling beneath would be about right, perhaps a fish's tail for luck.

One reason my novel is so held up is because writing his biography has got in the way,
Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on October 08, 2015, 12:01:20 AM

Two kinds of dream, even. dreams which merge into the visual reveries that all designers experience, and Dunne dreams which mix past, present and future. The J.W. Dunne who gave his name to such dreams also built the world's first certified stable aeroplane, so I hope you don't mind my mentioning him here.

In fact he was also an innovator and writer in the gentle art of fly-fishing. So a cross between a lure and a flying machine would not go amiss - an insect-aeroplane hybrid with a barbed hook curling beneath would be about right, perhaps a fish's tail for luck.

One reason my novel is so held up is because writing his biography has got in the way,

ah yes Dunne aircraft have particulalry remarkable shapes, also flotplanes sometimes :

and exploring hybrids involving fishing material is an interesting idea indeed ...

thanks for your contributions to the bubbling imagination!   :thumbsup:

ericr

Tophe

Weird! Just a question: when going out of their eggs, do the airplanes fly immediately or do they stay in the nest a few months like birds before trying...?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on October 12, 2015, 09:28:19 PM
Weird! Just a question: when going out of their eggs, do the airplanes fly immediately or do they stay in the nest a few months like birds before trying...?

your question is very legitimate : more scientific observations will be required to find answers, though.

Another astonishing crossing : a building that tries to fly (propeller powered), and it seems to be a twin-boom! :

Captain Canada

The Airbus Kinder eggs ? great idea. Wish they were around here !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on October 13, 2015, 05:49:21 AM

Another astonishing crossing : a building that tries to fly (propeller powered), and it seems to be a twin-boom! :

I guess for takeoff the propellers swivel up to act as lifting rotors for VTOL capability. In the photo they are pivoted down for servicing.

But the big question is - is this it, or is it just the tip of a giant spaceplane poking out of its underground launch silo?

Cheers.