LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

another shell hybrid, with a nice 1/200 Blenheim :

Tophe

Nice once more (twice more...).
I especially love the divergent engines, for probably some very good technical/Natural reason ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on April 16, 2016, 09:07:58 PM
Nice once more (twice more...).
I especially love the divergent engines, for probably some very good technical/Natural reason ;)

probably, indeed  ;D

ericr

two trucks from the Airfix recovery set (I used the crane on a 1/72 seaplane carrier ship ...), transformed into tank trucks, but with a twist :

the first with a spiral twist :

the other with a knot twist :

steelpillow

That last looks like the Readimix concrete trucks I used to see all overt he place when I was a kid, with their concrete-mixing hoppers turning away as they drove along. There was a news story once of one that tipped over in a road accident and the concrete spilled out and set before it could be recovered.  :wacko:
Cheers.

Tophe

Your models, ericr, could be the best therapy for the syndrome of "technical over seriousness"... :lol: ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks !  ;D

Quote from: steelpillow on April 22, 2016, 12:28:01 PM
That last looks like the Readimix concrete trucks

ah yes, I had not thought of it but the spinning concrete trucks do look a bit like that indeed.
;D

ericr

I had bought this metal, handicraft tin Mini Traveller, bit didn't know just what to do with it, until I relalized that it could very well be repainted in the livery of the faous Clder BMW from the Le Mans race in 1976.
Mini travellers are so cute, and that livery is so bright, it could only work out well.

Also, I have adapted the Calder schemes for the DC8 and B272 to 1/72 kits, nut these aircraft are not available in that scale so I transfered to, respectively, B707 and Tu 134. And here I do the same kind of transformation to a large scale car  ;)

steelpillow

I had a Morris Traveller once. Imagine the British Leyland main dealer service receptionist's reaction when a long-haired moustachoied freak in flared trousers and Jesus boots walks in and says his car has got dry rot and do they carry spares?  :o
Cheers.

ericr

you are lucky tohave driven one! did it have the lovely wooden structure at the back?

PR19_Kit

All Morris Minor Travellers had the wood framing at the rear, it was an integral part of the structure.

That wasn't the case with the Mini Travellers, where the wood framing was just a styling add-on fastened over the top of what was essentially a Minivan structure with windows.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on April 28, 2016, 11:27:24 AM
you are lucky tohave driven one! did it have the lovely wooden structure at the back?

Luck is a relative thing on a journey from Worcester to Edinburgh with a baby and a toddler on board: two whole days of fun and games for all the family.

It is hard to find a car suffering from dry rot that does not have wooden parts. Yes, it was one of they. One of my favourite TV sketches was by a comedian pretending to be a lady tourist in a historic old town. Having commented on all the quaint old half-timbered houses he/she stumbles on a Moggie Traveller and points with delighted cries, "Look! A half-timbered car!"

Now, a cross between a Morris Minor kit and a Faller house, there's a thought.
Cheers.

Gondor

Quote from: steelpillow on April 28, 2016, 01:01:59 PM
Quote from: ericr on April 28, 2016, 11:27:24 AM

Luck is a relative thing on a journey from Worcester to Edinburgh with a baby and a toddler on board: two whole days of fun and games for all the family.

It is hard to find a car suffering from dry rot that does not have wooden parts. Yes, it was one of they. One of my favourite TV sketches was by a comedian pretending to be a lady tourist in a historic old town. Having commented on all the quaint old half-timbered houses he/she stumbles on a Moggie Traveller and points with delighted cries, "Look! A half-timbered car!"

Dame Edna Everage perhaps?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on April 28, 2016, 01:01:59 PM

yes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

that would called a hybrid! just do it  ;D

In another register, I had thought of a cross between a plane (à la FW189) and a Faller glasshouse.

And it remembers me of Kuski's church tank : I think some do use Faller or other brands HO churches :