LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

continuing with fish, that one is quite big, so it is a bit monstruous (not only by size  ;) ) :
the Harrier is Airfix's 1/24 (I got it for real cheap : 10 euros),
and the fish is a big rubbery thing, but sizes did fit well :

one way, in red :

and the other way, in blue :

(wheels were a bit hard to get straight, but hey, it does stand )

TheChronicOne

Glorious!! I love your fish series.  1/24?!  That must be pretty big!!!  Mount it on a wooden plaque I dare ya.   ;D

Oh and the refuel probe!! looks like one of them lights on the deep sea fish that bioluminates.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

I love your flying fish with vertical take off! :wub: :thumbsup:
And the other one is very funny too, because normal fishes don't have a monotrace landing gear! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

steelpillow

:wub:

Interesting parallel between the humble octopus and the VTOL flying fish, as both have side intakes, with side outlets to provide jet thrust.

The angler fish has it "refuelling probe" (aka illuminated fishing lure) dead centre not offset.
Cheers.

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on February 20, 2017, 12:01:46 PM
:wub:

Interesting parallel between the humble octopus and the VTOL flying fish, as both have side intakes, with side outlets to provide jet thrust.

The angler fish has it "refuelling probe" (aka illuminated fishing lure) dead centre not offset.

thanks !

I hadn't thought of your remarks !
indeed both the Octopus and the Harrier-fish have side thrust outlets !  ;D

and I put the refueling pod on the fish-Hrrier after hesitating, essentially in order to balance the fish and Harrier elements,
but the luminous fish metaphor fits well !

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on February 21, 2017, 03:07:45 AMand I put the refueling pod on the fish-Hrrier after hesitating, essentially in order to balance the fish and Harrier elements,
but the luminous fish metaphor fits well !

It is often said in aircraft design circles that "what looks right, is right". You evidently have the eye. :mellow:
Cheers.

ericr

another fishy experiment : using the booms of the previously shown 1/48 P-61, and a resin fish replica
(Tophe, you were concerned about the booms : here they are, not lost, on the contrary ! )

this time I had to adopt a new kind of modelling tool :

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I love this P-61-fish! :wub: :wub:
Is it yellow because this is the color of gold (so gold-fish)? ;) in French we say "red fish" but here we speak English... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks all !

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2017, 10:29:51 AM
Whatever next...........  ;D ;) :thumbsup:

Who knows?  :wacko: stay tuned, wait and see ...

your appreciation demultiplies my imagination  ;D