LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

thanks !

the "upper deck" cockpit is in the place of the engine of the Mi-1 : I thought that oval hole deserved to be inhabited

TheChronicOne

I like it alot.  That was a good move and where I'd want to be....

Ya know, it kind of reminds me of them SpaceX planes and even the U-2 with the double cockpits.  Very cooling looking yellow-bird you have there, if you were selling kits of it I'd buy a couple.   ;D :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 04, 2017, 12:19:20 PM
I like it alot.  That was a good move and where I'd want to be....

Ya know, it kind of reminds me of them SpaceX planes and even the U-2 with the double cockpits.  Very cooling looking yellow-bird you have there, if you were selling kits of it I'd buy a couple.   ;D :thumbsup:

I did a two-seat U-2 in red a while ago, not whiffing the kit more, because it was already good-looking ;-)

Maybe I could try a brand of kits which would assemble just the parts of sprues from several kits necessary for a given kitbash  ;D but I don't know about the size of the market supporting that idea  :-\

ericr

some time ago I was given a link to this !

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 27, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
Hey I just saw this and thought of you!   

"a Royal regalia Flying Alouette, as Jumbo,"

and it was just irresistible, I did that :

TheChronicOne

Ha!!!!   Yeah buddy!!!  Trunks of fun.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That works really well and the elephant looks pretty happy to have rotary wings.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

You know, 2 centuries ago, scientific experts were very sure "human beings will never be able to fly, as this is completely impossible with their weight, like elephants!" How wrong were they... ;) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

steelpillow

Can't help wondering whether one of those perspex bubble cockpits that helicopters have would fit over its head like a helmet and visor.
Cheers.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

not exactly a whif, except for the livery of course
but that incredible twin-fuselage deserves attention
like other creations by Rutan

steelpillow

It certainly looks more like a whiff than a reality!

For those who care, the space stage's boom-mounted split tail was the WWII invention of Richard Vogt, during his time as chief designer for the Blohm & Voss aircraft division, also known as Hamburger Flugzeugbau. The advantage of setting it back on booms, rather than the more "conventional" position flush with the main wing tips, is that it flies in the tip vortices, which enhance its action and allow smaller stabilising and control surfaces. Vogt was also a pioneer of the variable-incidence wing, another key feature of this spacecraft. The Bv 144 was a tiltwing airliner, built by Breguet in France because all German factories were only allowed to produce warplanes (It is said that after the war, de Gaulle used one as his private transport). So the Virgin spaceplane owes a double debt to Vogt. After the war he was hoovered up by the US in "project paperclip" and built a new career over there, which is probably how they stumbled on his ideas. Of course, the principles of stability, trim and control of the tailless swept wing were first described by Britain's own J.W. Dunne, back in his original patent of 1909 and its equivalence to "putting the tail on the end of the wing" was discussed at the RAeS in 1913. Vogt's many imaginative and unconventional design projects are a fertile source of whiffs, also including many asymmetric types, a bomber that looks like a Star Wars podracer, giant seaplanes and much else.
Cheers.

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on April 11, 2017, 03:45:26 AM
not exactly a whif, except for the livery of course
Good model! :thumbsup: And even better with the asymmetric color! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]