LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelpillow

Cheers.

ericr

thanks !

Quote from: steelpillow on July 25, 2017, 12:47:14 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 24, 2017, 10:55:25 PMA recorder is a type of flute.

I still can't play it.

neither do I, but the difference does not notably influence flyability  ;D

ericr

a kitbash, which fitted surprisingly well

the wings and tail of the Blinder had been used long ago for a flying pencil build ;
the Victor nose appeared on cat more recently

AXU

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

steelpillow

Yes, a really nice one. Very convincing. Put squadron livery on it and 99% of the world would never dream it was a whiff.  :mellow:

Thank you for cheering me up at the end of a hard day. :)
Cheers.

jcf

Designed by the Handley-Page OKB and built at the Home Counties Aircraft Factory Number 1 for the People's Democratic Republic of Britain?

;D

ericr

thanks !

it looks surprisingly believable indeed : nearly nromal ;D

steelpillow

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 27, 2017, 02:56:51 PM
Designed by the Handley-Page OKB and built at the Home Counties Aircraft Factory Number 1 for the People's Democratic Republic of Britain?

I thought it was the TU-22 HP, built following a successful espionage operation to steal the blueprints of the HP Victor.  It increased the TU-22's range, payload and handling characteristics at the expense of maximum speed. The bright yellow colour was calculated to instil fear of the "golden dragon" in the peoples of Central and Eastern Asia, although it was said to have more effect on their horses....
Cheers.

zenrat

Quote from: steelpillow on July 25, 2017, 12:47:14 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 24, 2017, 10:55:25 PMA recorder is a type of flute.

I still can't play it.

Give me two and I can rub them together to make fire...

Blictor looks amazing Eric.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks zenrat!

and thanks steelpillow for the back-up story, especially the psychological/mythical/chromatic warfare bit  :thumbsup:

jcf

Quote from: steelpillow on July 28, 2017, 12:21:12 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 27, 2017, 02:56:51 PM

I thought it was the TU-22 HP, built following a successful espionage operation to steal the blueprints of the HP Victor.  It increased the TU-22's range, payload and handling characteristics at the expense of maximum speed. The bright yellow colour was calculated to instil fear of the "golden dragon" in the peoples of Central and Eastern Asia, although it was said to have more effect on their horses....
All depends on which universe you're in.  ;D