LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

zenrat

Quote from: steelpillow on August 10, 2017, 11:56:31 AM
"The Godwhale" by T.J. Bass (I kid you not) was an old Sci-Fi novel based pretty much on this scenario. I like ericr's better.

That rings a bell.  I think I may have that in an anthology somewhere.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

remainings of the day :

so what do we have today :
- the landing gear and struts if the Spirit of Saint Louis, which have an interesting shape
- the wings and tail surfaces of a MC 72 (1/48)
- a crocodile (probably bought together with an elephant, in order to combine postage, and then you get that kind of stuff in your stash without knowing what to do with it, I guess you know what I mean ...)

and all that fits and lives together quite well actually, in red :

and now I still have four crocodile legs in the spare parts box ...

TheChronicOne

Crikey! 'Ave a go this beauty!

;D

Great!!

Put the legs on a Flying Pancake or .......   An Mi 24?   :wacko: ;) ;)
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Very nice model! Do you have a third picture to see if there is tail wheel or how the tail stands on the runway/river/ground ;) ?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks  ;D

the tail is just laying on the ground indeed (there might have been a wheel there)

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on August 14, 2017, 11:23:59 PM
the tail is just laying on the ground indeed (there might have been a wheel there)

A true "taildragger", then!  ;D

Seriously good-looking model this one (and I don't mean the blonde pretty boy!). It has that archetype quality, I feel I should know the film you took it from.
Cheers.

ericr

ericr

quite some time ago I was shown (by zenrat?) a picture out of a comics with a Concorde-like aircraft with claws and head of an eagle ...
Remembering that, it took me a while to find an appropriate plastic bird to build that with a Tu-144 (1/144 scale) :

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Yes!
Excellent.  It was a strip from 2000AD called Terror Tube (which became Nemesis The Warlock).
Good job Eric.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks a lot all !

and thanks again for the reference : a bit of googling gave me this :

ericr

and now, what to do with the rest of the plastic crow?

I happened to have the nose of a 1/72 Halifax available ...

steelpillow

Looks all too believable.
In a bionics lab somewhere near you...

But what is it being trained to do? Jam a malicious drone's comms link so it falls out of the sky? Being a bird, it is immune from its own jamming. Maybe even ELINT/EW, able to pwn the drone and turn it back on its owners. We've all heard of the WILD WEASEL kit on the F-111's during the Vietnam war, how about a WILD WIDGEON for the 21st century?
Cheers.