LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I can see some of these creations starring in children's books
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on September 27, 2017, 08:57:08 AM

Frightening, but in a lovely way... Thanks!

Precisely!  :o

I wonder if  it swallows Mig-21s whole?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks all !

I haven't evaluated its gobbling capacity yet : it is sitting in the cupboard with others : I guess I should check for disappearing neighbours but it is a bit slim, as a F5A, so I don't expect it to be a big eater  ;D

steelpillow

Quote from: ericr on September 26, 2017, 11:44:34 PM

thanks, I am not sure art galleries would be much more positive than non-whif modellers, but I like navigating here and there  ;)

if you know an interested gallery north of the Manche, maybe I could travel a bit to go and see  ;D

One thing you could try is ello, a social media site for artists and creatives, There is all kinds of stuff on there, along with the open-minded bunch who post it all. Might be worth posting your best work there and see if it gets a reaction. Ello is also nice because it doesn't harvest your details or throw advertising at you or anything like that. You can find me as @steelpillow but I don't do much on it because I have so little time to spare. It is at: https://ello.co/ (NB, not ello.com, that is something very different).
Cheers.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 27, 2017, 06:27:47 AM
I can see some of these creations starring in children's books

Some, but I can see others giving children nightmares.  The propeller faced giraffe for example.  It scares the heck out of me...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

steelpillow

Quote from: zenrat on September 28, 2017, 03:51:53 AM
The propeller faced giraffe for example.  It scares the heck out of me...

A flock of them taking off over the savannah and flying into the setting African sun would be more lyrical than scary.

OTOH a herd of them charging down on you with necks lowered might not!

More than mere beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Squizzette

"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

zenrat

Quote from: steelpillow on September 28, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

A flock of them taking off over the savannah and flying into the setting African sun would be more lyrical than scary.

I think it's the lack of eyes and the rotating blades.  HR Giger meets Dr Moreau.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: steelpillow on September 27, 2017, 01:40:22 PM
Quote from: ericr on September 26, 2017, 11:44:34 PM

thanks, I am not sure art galleries would be much more positive than non-whif modellers, but I like navigating here and there  ;)

if you know an interested gallery north of the Manche, maybe I could travel a bit to go and see  ;D

One thing you could try is ello, a social media site for artists and creatives, There is all kinds of stuff on there, along with the open-minded bunch who post it all. Might be worth posting your best work there and see if it gets a reaction. Ello is also nice because it doesn't harvest your details or throw advertising at you or anything like that. You can find me as @steelpillow but I don't do much on it because I have so little time to spare. It is at: https://ello.co/ (NB, not ello.com, that is something very different).

thanks for the link, I will have a look : if the atmosphere is as benevolent as here, it certainly is interesting

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on September 29, 2017, 02:24:17 AM
Quote from: steelpillow on September 28, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

I think it's the lack of eyes and the rotating blades.  HR Giger meets Dr Moreau.

it is often a surprise and always interesting to see how people project themselves on a modest creation  ;)

ericr

remains of the day again, always the same principle but always different results ...

so, in my stash/spares box, remaining from previous projects, I had a BK117 fuselage, and crocodile legs :

funny to see how things fit by themselves (nearly, when helped a bit)

TheChronicOne

:bow: :drink: :cheers: :laugh: :laugh:

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!  Very cool.

I call shotgun!  ;D

One of these in the Jurassic Park livery would be interesting.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, that looks great, you can almost see it waddling across the ramp.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit