LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I can imagine an outboard motor arrangement for windless days - with a wheel instead of a propeller.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2018, 02:47:53 AM
I can imagine an outboard motor arrangement for windless days - with a wheel instead of a propeller.

:o

do you mean with a kind of motor like this for example ?

but ... wait a moment ... [rumble rumble ...] ... oh, how lovely, I just happen to find one in my spares box ...
now I just need to see how to fit a wheel ...

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: ericr on February 12, 2018, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2018, 02:47:53 AM

:o

do you mean with a kind of motor like this for example ?

but ... wait a moment ... [rumble rumble ...] ... oh, how lovely, I just happen to find one in my spares box ...
now I just need to see how to fit a wheel ...

That's it.  Just put a 90 degree gearbox on the end where the prop is and then attach a wheel.  Sorted.
:thumbsup:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

steelpillow

Cheers.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: ericr on February 16, 2018, 06:53:21 AM

here we go

That's it.  Perfect. :wub:
I am saving these pictures as this rivals the tentacle plane for position as your best ever build.

Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2018, 04:34:14 PM

That's it.  Perfect. :wub:
I am saving these pictures as this rivals the tentacle plane for position as your best ever build.

thanks again for the suggestion : additionaly to being so relevant, it enabled me to make use of this motorboat engine which was desperately hoping for it.

And you are welcome to save any picture you like of course, and even to try and remake or reinterpret any of these contraptions :
you skills would obviously go much further.

zenrat

I don't know about that.  Your imagination is certainly much more fertile than mine.
I do have more than 3 colours of paint though.
;D
Fred

ericr

a 100% organic proposal this time,
no mechanical device (e.g., aircraft) was harmed during the making of this build

I still have brains in my stash :

zenrat

Are you aware of the character Krang in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoons?

I have nightmares about things like this.

Very good.
:thumbsup:
Fred