LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on May 27, 2020, 08:57:02 AM

and sometimes those systematic schemes lead to something slightly more strange than expected.
In this case, it looks a bit like an ekranoplan ?

I can definitely see that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Uh... I remember something : I built a B-52 model in the 1970s (maybe 1/250 scale, carrying a X-15) and... the undercarriage was very narrow completed by little wheels near the wing tips, the wings having a strong anhedral downward (this can be confirmed on the Web at https://www.pond5.com/fr/stock-footage/item/84637289-ground-crew-attending-b-52-bomber-royal-air-force-base-uniter for instance). But here on this old-style B-52, there is not this external support of the narrow undercarriage, so... my conclusion is: "this belongs to the what-if universe!" (confirmed with joy!) :wub: :thumbsup: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

another relatively big :

one way, a bit sporty :

and its reciprocal, a bit muscular :

steelpillow

Oh, very convincing. If you produced those at a model show hardly anybody would spot the swap-over.  :thumbsup:
Cheers.

PR19_Kit

The red one looks like a giant Andover, Avro 748 or a YS11, and the blue one IS a piston engined Hercules!  :o ;D

Brilliant bit of work there Ericr.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks  ;)

they are both 1/72 Heller (bargain 2d hand ...)
the Transall is actually a snap-fit kit, strangely, sold as the Gabriel version

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on June 04, 2020, 12:25:28 PM

the Transall is actually a snap-fit kit, strangely, sold as the Gabriel version

They do the Gabriel version in a super detailed version too, I have one in The Loft somewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2020, 06:09:39 AM
Brilliant, both extremely plausible  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I would say the complete opposite: yes brilliant, but because they seem completely crazy, as a nice dream, like impossible in the true world... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]