LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Convair proposed more than one twin-engined version of the Model 32/LB-30/B-24/PB4Y,
they were to use the R-3350 and as production of that engine was intended for the B-29
it, like a number of other proposals, was a non-starter.

McColm

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 02, 2020, 10:12:23 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Convair proposed more than one twin-engined version of the Model 32/LB-30/B-24/PB4Y,
they were to use the R-3350 and as production of that engine was intended for the B-29
it, like a number of other proposals, was a non-starter.
I did attempt to build a twin engine  Liberator but got sidetracked and the wings got used on a Mach2 Avro York which didn't go well as I couldn't get the fuselage to align.

ericr

PR19_Kit

That looks almost TOO normal.  ;D

If it was painted in a USN scheme you could display it on a club stand at a show and no-one would bat an eyelid.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

There was a proposal for a four engined turboprop  Neptune,  but the USNAVY  chose the Electra to be converted into the Orion.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 04, 2020, 12:55:52 PM

If it was painted in a USN scheme you could display it on a club stand at a show and no-one would bat an eyelid.  :o

Or in deference to its creator Aeronavale markings ?  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 05, 2020, 06:05:31 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 04, 2020, 12:55:52 PM

Or in deference to its creator Aeronavale markings ?  ;) ;D

And why not? A great idea.  :thumbsup:

I know the Aeronavale flew Privateers, but did they ever fly Neptunes too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Yes they did until they were replaced with the Breguet Br1150 Atlantic.  SP-2H flown by the French Navy.

ericr

it is often said that any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage,
but it is not exactly the case here ...

Tophe

:-\ Sorry I don't like bombers, so... I imagine this one has been punished by the Lord for having bombed civilians, and I clap my hands for such a punishment... :thumbsup: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu