LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Two Ju-52 (D-AJYR and D-AQAR) were fitted with Jumo 205C-3 diesels and designated Ju-52/3mho.
The center engine was later changed to a Jumo 206A which had a 60% increase in horsepower over
the 205C-3. One aircraft was later used to test the larger Jumo 208 which had been intended for the
Ju-90.

ericr

thanks a lot for the reference !  I didn't know these hybridizations :
mine was just the result of having those Ju-86 wings in the spare box  ;)

jcf

NARSES2

I swear I tried to swot that blue one the other day  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 24, 2021, 11:42:52 AM
Two Ju-52 (D-AJYR and D-AQAR) were fitted with Jumo 205C-3 diesels and designated Ju-52/3mho.
The center engine was later changed to a Jumo 206A which had a 60% increase in horsepower over
the 205C-3. One aircraft was later used to test the larger Jumo 208 which had been intended for the
Ju-90.

I did not know about this.
Thanks for posting :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

ericr

Tophe

WON-DER-FUL !!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
This is one of the most beautiful twin-boomers ever built! ;D
Uh, is a model with no scale 1 equivalent counted as "built"? :unsure: :-\ ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

That really works and as Tophe says is darn attractive to go with it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

I've got that Skymaster laying in to back of a drawer all busted up waiting for a resurrection. This is a brilliant idea I'll have investigate further. I don't have the helicopter parts so this would require a rummage through the spares.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

thanks !  ;)

I had the Abrams P-1 Explorer in mind :

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2